turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tough Season

Started by harleytom, March 18, 2014, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytom

Been a rough one so far. Opening day my buddy and I set up on a field and had 5 gobbling off the roost around us. 4 gobbled after they hit the ground w/ 2 gobbling about 30 times each between 6:30 and 8:30. None would move to any calling and woods are just too open to safely move much after daylight with birds on hilltops around us. Sunday morning awoke to torrential rains but tried to hunt a couple of fields in afternoon after it stopped. Monday morning I set up on hill where one of the birds was gobbling Saturday but it broke loose raining at first light and after trying to get one to gobble for a few minutes I left to get to work. This morning I had the same bird gobbling but he hit ground quickly and I could not get in front of him. Tried to call him but a very rude hen informed me that I was wasting my time. Been a very wet overcast week but tomorrow should be nice and I have a set up plan to be on this birds normal travel route. We shall see...,

jblackburn

Good luck harleytom!! At least you are able to get out there and chase!  Just under a month left to go here.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

paintbrush

Best of luck to you! Hope you can get us started.

Swamp

Good luck brother we are finally down to single didgets here In the great state of Tennessee idk how much I'll get to hunt because my ship date for the Marine Corps is September 22 but they told me the day to keep a bag packed and ready cause next opening I was getting the go. But we will see ! Good luck everyone

rafsobbob

Keep after them HarleyTom dont want to add any pressure but you are hunting for all of us who are still waiting and waiting and waiting. Give em heck and knock there heads off I thnk I just heard one laughing at you now get em  :turkey2:

Bob
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

harleytom

Well had one at 45 steps yesterday but he was behind some brush and I didn't feel good about the shot. He hung up, maybe shy about my jake decoy, and walked off. Will try to get on him again tomorrow.

turkey harvester

Keep after him buddy, his curiosity will get the best of him sooner or later.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.