OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Has anybody tried TRULOCK Special FEDHW #7 choke?

Started by archdriver, March 18, 2014, 04:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archdriver

I  dont  know  how  long this has  been  out  but I  just  ran  across it.   Trulock  doesnt  publish
an exit  diameter but  what I  gather, it  is  565 .     Trulock's  regular turkey  choke is 580.

Has  anybody used  this?
ArchDriver

lakeplainshunter

Mine will be delivered tomorrow.  I also have the Carlson .575" to try.

R AJ

Quote from: archdriver on March 18, 2014, 04:01:08 PM
I  dont  know  how  long this has  been  out  but I  just  ran  across it.   Trulock  doesnt  publish
an exit  diameter but  what I  gather, it  is  565 .     Trulock's  regular turkey  choke is 580.

Has  anybody used  this?

It may also be a .562 but I don't have one to try. You are close however. Seems like SUM body has been making a 562-5 popular for Fed HW #7s for awhile now.

wmd

Quote from: lakeplainshunter on March 18, 2014, 06:08:36 PM

Haven't tried the Trulock, but I shoot the Carlson .575 in a Remington 11-87 Compact and get close to 150 in 10 with Fed 7s and 120 with the Fed 6s. 

lakeplainshunter

How does the Sumtoy 562-3 shoot Federal 7 HWT?  I don't have a 562-5.

BowBendr

I shoot the trulock and I love it. It's gaining popularity in the 12 gauge but guys don't seem to be shooting it in the 20 on here much. It is .560 and it is a hoss. Very pleased with mine and glad I bought it.

goblr77

Quote from: BowBendr on March 19, 2014, 03:00:43 AM
I shoot the trulock and I love it. It's gaining popularity in the 12 gauge but guys don't seem to be shooting it in the 20 on here much. It is .560 and it is a hoss. Very pleased with mine and glad I bought it.

Glad to hear that. I'm going to try one myself sooner or later.

lakeplainshunter

Quote from: lakeplainshunter on March 18, 2014, 06:08:36 PM

Mine arrived today.  The Trulok is .560" for the Federal 7 HWT.  It just needs to warm up now so I can test them.

SKFOOTER

How doe this Trulock .560 pattern the Fed Hvywght 7's?? :OGturkeyhead:

earlyriser

My average has been around 120 through a Benelli M2 24" barrel with the Trulock Fed choke.

lakeplainshunter

Quote from: earlyriser on March 20, 2014, 06:21:01 PM
My average has been around 120 through a Benelli M2 24" barrel with the Trulock Fed choke.

Is it a nice even pattern? I could live with those numbers, but higher would not be bad either.

earlyriser

It was a very even pattern. I put the 12 in the safe and this is now my go to hunting gun.

rc4

yes and they are an awsome choke with the federal heavyweight #7,buy one i think you will like it if not send it back within 60 days for a refund!!

SKFOOTER

I think I'll stick with my Sumtoy .562-5 tube. :OGturkeyhead:

BowBendr

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 20, 2014, 11:39:09 AM
How doe this Trulock .560 pattern the Fed Hvywght 7's?? :OGturkeyhead:

In my 870 youth, the Trulock choke averages a nice evenly placed 150-155 all day long and it's not splotchy like a lot of other chokes i've seen. I love the gun, the hw 7's and the choke...it's turned out to be an awesome combo. I will probably never carry my 835 again.