turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Morgan Screamin Hen

Started by hunter22, March 18, 2014, 02:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here is an Alaskan Yellow Cedar scratcher with a Red Cedar striker made by Kenny Morgan. I have run and heard a lot of scratch boxes and I have never heard one better than this one.

JVA54

West Augusta

The striker is very interesting on that one Rickey.  I notice that he is going across the grain with that one.  Does that striker work well or better on other scratch boxes?
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Steve,

Not sure how that striker works with other scratch boxes. I have not tried it on any others but will. I normally run the Morgan with a rectangle piece of red cedar. It gives more rasp than I have heard on any scratch box before. I also have a piece of Osage that is higher pitched. I can carry those three strikers and have three different hen sounds.

West Augusta

Thanks.  Just wondered.  Thought that going against the growth rings might give it more bite. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

drenalinld

Every time I get up to Rickey's I have to run this call to see if it is really as good as I remember. It blows my mind every time. It is pure turkey yelps, He always catches me trying to get it in my truck.

boatpaddle

Quote from: hunter22 on March 18, 2014, 02:21:35 PM
Here is an Alaskan Yellow Cedar scratcher with a Red Cedar striker made by Kenny Morgan. I have run and heard a lot of scratch boxes and I have never heard one better than this one.

That's a very fine turkey call...... :you_rock:

I've heard that call & it is all realistic turkey talk....

May I suggest a piece of walnut for a striker ?
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

hunter22

I owe you for this one Zumer. Dandy call. I will try a walnut striker as you recommend. If it gets any better gobblers will have to commit suicide on the way to the gun.

boatpaddle

H22,

I'm glad you like that call, so much.... :z-flirtysmile3:   

That call has some of the purest turkey talk, I've heard....

It drives jakes CRAZY....

I'm sure, you'll do it justice in the turkey woods for a long time...

Take care, Bud.....Z
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome