Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I want to hunt for an Eastern.....

Started by blackmagic, March 18, 2014, 09:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

Any recommendations of where to go hunt for an eastern?  Probably won't happen for me this season, but next year could be a possibility.   I'd prefer somewhere in the southeast since it takes me about four hours just to get out of Florida into GA.  Not looking to spend $ on guides, etc.  just looking for some public land to have a fair shot to get in the game. 
Any thoughts?

RutnNStrutn

Rey, you can kill Eastern here in FLA. I'll do a little research and send you the names of some WMA's you can put in for next year. Other than that, you can do research here on OG. Read posts and find guys that hunt public land in the states you are looking at. That's what I've done, and the guys were always helpful.

WildSpur

If you decide to travel a bit come up north.   You will have a blast chasing big woods mountain gobblers.   Tons of public land in Pa.  I am sure New York, Virginia,  and West Virginia are similar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

blackmagic

PA could be an option, I've got a good friend that lives there....where I don't know, but will find out.  Big woods would be a nice change from the dank swamps I'm used to!  Thanks

Deputy 14

If you want to hunt WV I can put you on a ton of open ground. Really need an ATV of pickup to get where you need to go though.