OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Long narrow field ? ? ? ?

Started by ilbucksndux, March 17, 2014, 11:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilbucksndux

I need some advice. First off I have been turkey hunting 5-6 years and have not yet failed to fill 2 of my tags and my boys fill their tags in youth season. So while I'm not a "veteran" turkey hunter I do ok. anyway........

One area I hunt is public land, It has a long (200 yards) and narrow(50 yards) field where I like to make my first sit of the morning. The field is on top of a ridge one side goes down to the lake and is pretty thick along the field,the other side has a stand of pines that opens up into a hardwood holler.

When the birds roost on the lake side of the field they fly down come right to the edge of the field and then walk down the edge gobbling their heads off. Its really to thick to sit along the edge but there is a log road about 3/4 of the way down.

I usually let them go away and I move on but ALWAYS come back to that spot latter in the day and have success but would really like to get them in the morning.

Suggestions ?
Gary Bartlow

WV TURKEY THUG

get down there with them. put a pop up were they are almost coming in the rightaway at.

cgoff

I would try setting up on the logging road if they are not entering the field