turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WHY did they discontinue these shells!

Started by Skeeterbait, March 15, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeterbait

Temperature finally hit 70 degrees this afternoon and I decided to get a 3 shot average with the new 935/IC/XRHD combo.  Turns out it shoots tighter groups than my 835 with this same combo, maybe even too tight.  Circles are 10 inch.  Distance was measured with a bushnell range finder.

The gun...

pattern 1

pattern 2

pattern 3

Three shot average 222.

albrubacker

I agree!! I have not hit the 200's but am in the 180-190 range with an awesome 20
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Skeeterbait

Well I have 55 rounds left.  The new gun has proven itself.  Time to get conservative with the remaining shells.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

booth

I dont know.  I wish they wouldn't have.  Down to my last dozen or so.

Loose Wire

The Win HD 3" 1 3/4 #6 will put 190+ in a 10" circle @ 40 yards for me.

1187, 21" barrel, overbored to .740, forcing cone lengthened and polished, with Trulock .670 choke.

Stan Baker did the barrel work years ago, including shortening what was originally a 26" barrel and reinstalling the RemChoke system, straight, so the barrel could be overbored.  Remington has the nasty habit of installing their choke systems off center.

Gobblers hit the ground very fast.

Yes, it is too bad Win discontinued the load as it's doubtful I will beat that combo.  But it's fun trying, eh?

I have a bunch in stock.  Certainly a lifetime supply.

DirtNap647

I liked these shells and they had a little more speed to boot

WildSpur

I have 2 of those shells left.   Every bird I shot with them flopped very little.  Granted I had better #s with the h13 but they also had 1/4oz more shot.  Great reliable round.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

nyhunter

skeeter that's a sweet lookin rig right there, I love those shells also the shoot great in my SBE2 with the I.C choke.

the Ward

Hey Skeeter, if your looking for more of those and can't find any,I saw some yesterday at a newer sporting good shop that opened recently. They had about 6-8 boxes of the 3.5- 6s and a couple boxes of the 4s. They were $37.99 a box. It's a pretty big store so I would think they would ship them. P.m. me if your interested and I will give you the contact info.

Skeeterbait

mightyjoeyoung

I sold a TON of those things 2 years ago to a bunch of the members of this site.  I now have 2 or 3 boxes of the 3.5" 6's and 2 boxes of the 3" 6's left.  I'm keepin those!! 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Dtrkyman

You can still find them, I used the waterfowl loads for goose season this year and man what a goose load! got a deal on a bunch and am out now but may have to bite the bullet and fork out the cash for more!

BowBendr

That's a rockin' set up Skeeter. Great patterns !  ;)

chatterbox

Quote from: BowBendr on March 16, 2014, 07:52:12 PM
That's a rockin' set up Skeeter. Great patterns !  ;)
This!^^^^^^
I couldn't agree more! :icon_thumright: