OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Choke To Buy

Started by SinGin, February 08, 2011, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Come on people.... lets see the pictures of the amazing patterns.    :smiley-char092:

Gobble!

This was with an .665 Indian Creek and H13 7s
Temperature was around 30 deg
In warmer temperatures I got 324
Im at work and dont have those pictures though

This was with an .665 Indian Creek and H13 6s
Temperature was around 30 deg
In warmer temperatures I got 194
Im at work and dont have those pictures though

Each load I have only patterned once in warmer conditions. I can also say I have a friend who got around 205 at 40 yards with the 6s using a .665 Indian Creek. I believe he had a 26" barrel however.

TANK

What is the price tag on a Indian Creek tube look like?

bird

So those are 3 1/2" 2.25 oz. shells?  What I want to see is proof of these numbers from bowhunter2k9 "JH .660, 230 in 10 inch at 40yds with H-13 #6's"  I would take it that these too are 3 1/2" shells.

shootumindaface

Here is a Injun Creek 665 with 3" H 13 7s.. Weather wasnt ideal as this gun was thrown together in a hurry..

bowhunter2k9

yea, i'd be happy to Bird. I don't have the pics from last yr on my comp so i'll go shoot this weekend hopefully and post em up
Romans 8:38-39

bowhunter2k9

HA! I found one old one that is really dark, not quite 230 but I could have moved the circle and got it.    223 in a 10 inch at 40 yds... Rem 870 JH .660 with 3.5 inch H-13 #6's.

Romans 8:38-39

bird

Quote from: CadeCart on February 09, 2011, 04:12:30 PM
Quote from: bird on February 09, 2011, 11:09:26 AM
Come on people.... lets see the pictures of the amazing patterns.    :smiley-char092:

Bird, did you ever try a JellyHead .665 or .660 in your 870?

Yes I did.... It did so horrible that it wasn't even worth the time to continue to waste shells, time, energy or picture space on them.  I sold that choke real quick here on OG last year since everyone thinks they're such a great choke for the money.  I found differently.

bird

Now that's what I'm talkin' about.  Finally some pictures to back up those numbers.   :icon_thumright:

Gobble!

Theres another thread on here when there are three guys that have got 220 and up with a .660 Jellyhead
After seeing those results IMO a .660 jellyhead is the choke for a 870

Bird in your patterns I noticed you are not drawing the 10" circle around the densest part of the pattern. It could be that .660 jellyhead had a different POI.

Gobble!

So bird now highly recommends ssx lol

bird

Quote from: Gobble! on February 09, 2011, 09:02:13 PM
So bird now highly recommends ssx lol

I would never recommend that Chinese made piece.

bird

Quote from: CadeCart on February 09, 2011, 09:18:05 PM
my mistake...

No problem buddy.... we're cool.  You're alright in my book. 
  :icon_thumright: :z-guntootsmiley: :icon_thumright:

Gobble!

I dont really think there is a major difference many people believe the 3" shells pattern better. My buddys pattern was better then mine and he was using the 3" shell and i was using the 3.5" shell
Your SSX patterns was basically the same as my pattern with the 3.5" shells.

bird

Quote from: Gobble! on February 09, 2011, 09:48:30 PM
I dont really think there is a major difference many people believe the 3" shells pattern better. My buddys pattern was better then mine and he was using the 3" shell and i was using the 3.5" shell
Your SSX patterns was basically the same as my pattern with the 3.5" shells.

What do you mean there's no difference.... A 3 1/2" shell hold more BB's....   :bike2: