OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many made the switch?

Started by Cutt, March 15, 2014, 11:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Not me, I'm stocked up on hevi 13

blueridgegobbler

I'm sticking with HTL also wish they would offer xtended range in these

davisd9

I would like to thank those that have made the switch.

Got a few more on the way. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Grunt-N-Gobble

Not me............ I've been loading my own for a couple years now and have enough Hevishot and HeavyWeight to last awhile.  Plus I enjoy it.

However, these new LB's have something going for them.  I'm glad to see the great patterns that guys are getting with them.  I read where a guy ran them through a chrono and some went as much as 1337fps.  I suspect we'll see several dead gobblers that were taken with this new shell.

Someone did some redneck "soup can" penetration testing I read and said he though they are good for shots to 40yds and a bit beyond if you misjudge the distance, but they runout of steam faster than Hevishot or Heavyweight.  Remember, its still lead shot and all things being equal, can't "carry the mail" like the HTL shot can.

knightrider

Quote from: davisd9 on March 18, 2014, 09:47:08 AM

your more than welcome i will trade 5 for 20 and still save six bucks any time  :TooFunny:

davisd9

Quote from: knightrider on March 18, 2014, 01:18:40 PM

your more than welcome i will trade 5 for 20 and still save six bucks any time  :TooFunny:

The prices these have been selling for are great. No bad lot numbers either.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

knightrider

Quote from: davisd9 on March 18, 2014, 01:21:57 PM

Quote from: knightrider on March 18, 2014, 01:18:40 PM

The prices these have been selling for are great. No bad lot numbers either.

good point i also no longer have to search lot numbers :icon_thumright: but on a serious note i hope everyone of those hevi shells brings you home a big ole thunder chicken my friend :newmascot:

davisd9

Same to you buddy! Nothing wrong with them longbeards, they will kill all day everyday at 40.  I just need less flopping so I can get after number 2 of the day quicker. ;)

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: drum817 on March 15, 2014, 02:38:13 PM
This stuff shoots great and honestly I do not shoot past 40 yards.....for me personally it just makes sense.

X-2
It makes a lot of sense to me as well. I have a few boxes of the M.B left. When it's done,it's done. I can't see myself spending 30 somtin bucks for 5 shells anymore. 1st chance I get,I'll get a few boxes of the new L.B.   :)
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

VaTuRkStOmPeR

No intentions of ever shooting anything other than HTL.

trkehunr93

Your welcome! ;D

decoykrvr

I've evaluated the Winchester Long Beard 3", 6's and 5's, and got the best patterns I've ever seen with lead.  With that said, the patterns which I get w/ EM Hevi-13, 3" & 31/2", 5's, 6's, and 7's are all significantly better w/ superior penetration.  My stash of the green Remington tungsten, "old white" Polywad tungsten and EM Hevi-13's shells in both 3' and 31/2" should last me for another 20-25 years, and who knows what might be available "down the pike" if I ever do run out.

PALongspur

I too will be sticking with Federal HeavyWeight!

highwaygun

Quote from: PALongspur on March 18, 2014, 09:09:41 PM
I too will be sticking with Federal HeavyWeight!
I with you! I wouldnt trade 1 HW for 10 LBs. Well I would for a resale value But not for my hunting purposes Doesnt matter though i shoot a big 10 anyway.

darron

For my 20 no way sticking with fed hw.

My 12 loves hevi 7.... they would have to put upwards of 250 for me to switch