turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 and FF3

Started by Kbota, March 14, 2014, 10:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbota

So, I recently bought a new Mossy 835.  Factory sights are horrible.  Just bought a picatinny rail and mounted on it.  About to order the FF3 with protector mount.  If I want to be able to move thie FF3 from this gun to maybe an AR, do I order it with the mounts?   If i do that, Will it fit the protector mount?   I'm just a tad confused about which arrangement to order. 
Help is appreciated.

Kbota

Anyone have a suggestion?

CrustyRusty

I'm a bit confused by your question but will try to answer.  If you get the protector, it is should be fine for use on any pic rail since it is a mount.

Kbota

Thank you Rusty.  I guess my question wasn't well worded.   If I intend to buy the protector mount, do I order the ff with or without the built in mounts?   In other words, how does the ff mount to the protector mount?

Otdrzman

Get the FF3 with no mount (Part No. 300235, 3 MOA dot or Part No. 300237, 8 MOA dot). Get the Picatinny Protector (Part No. 410330). The FF3 mounts to the top of the picatinny protector with two screws and lock washers. I just installed the same set up on my 835. I actually cut the picatinny rail in half and only used the back two holes. Hope this helps.

CrustyRusty

The sight is held onto the mount with 2 screws. Normally i would say just get the sight and protector mount separately but cabelas has the ff on sale with a picatinny mount. I just bought one because of the sale and will be picking up the protector mount later.   I felt it couldnt hurt having the spare pic mount. Good luck