turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Couple of Jordan Yelpers

Started by Austy, March 13, 2014, 06:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

The Jordan Yelper headed to NY is to a member here who several months back when I posted a question about Jordan Yelpers was the only person who offered me any help or answered any of my questions.  You would think I was asking for the formula to something super sensitive.  Thanks Bill for taking the time to help me out, Enjoy the call its on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are 2 Jordan Style Yelpers that were made for 2 members on here.  1 is headed to New York and the other to Virginia.  Both of these calls have the same internals as the call that I was lucky enough to win 1st place in the Jordan Class this year at Nationals with the exception that the new owners had both ask for a more traditional looking Jordan style call with a wing bone mouth piece.  Both of these calls have a Blue Goose wing bone set into the call for the mouth piece with a cork lip stop.
This 1st call has a Black & White Ebony Bell section with a Marblewood mid section set into the bell section of the call.  I love the look of Marblewood when its finished to me it looks just like Bamboo.  Each end of the wooden call body was turned down so that I could put a piece of Spalted Black Locust Burl on each end of the call body to dress the call up some.

This 2nd call has an Osage Orange Bell with a Marblewood mid section set into the bell section of the call.  On this call I have a piece of Gaboon Ebony with a thin piece of Bloodwood between to add some eye appeal to the call.  I also wood burned some turkey tracks onto the bell of this call to dress it up some.

This is what the bell end of the call looks like from the end.

This is another picture of the mouth piece end of the call so that you can see what I mean by the way that the Marblewood kind of looks like Bamboo and the accent pieces that I added to the call.

I will have to let the new owners comment on what they think of their new calls once they get them and have had a chance to run them some.  I know I'm happy with how they both turned out in looks and most importantly the sound, these things rock!!
Hope you guys like them!!!!!
Thanks for the look.

Austy

alloutdoors

Wingboneman

:drool: :drool: I know where that one in Va is going  ;D ;D  :z-guntootsmiley:  :z-guntootsmiley:

SS Josh

:cross2: Colossians 3:23 :cross2:

mwr

jmck

Gold Spur

Austy, its good to see you back! You make some fine looking calls.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

dreis3

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

eman375

Austy, you're making me drool.  Those are some fine looking Jordan yelpers.  They got me to thinking...

headbanger

JVA54

callmakerman

Got my Jordan yelper today from Austy and for the life of me I have no idea how he fit all those turkey's in that small box. This call flat out plays with ease , sounds awesome and has looks to kill. Austy thank you for such a fine gift and killer turkey call.

DirtNap647

Austy

Glad to hear that the call survived the trip and that you are happy with the looks and sound out of her, she sure does play easy!!!  Thank you for all of your help and answering my questions.  You went out of your way to help me out and I wanted to make sure that you know that it was greatly appreciated and that call was the least I could do for you.  THANKS BILL!!!!!!!!!!

Austy