turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester LB's/ Kill Report

Started by Longshanks, March 11, 2014, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Killed one this morning with 3" LB 6's.  10 steps, 9.5 beard, 3/4 spur.

Longshanks

Had a turkey at 50yds this morning..opted to pass with the Win LB 3" 6's. Go back and try him in the morning.

Longshanks

Missed one with the LB 3" 5's this morning.  Turkey came in behind me and I was in an awkward position. Held the gun free handed for a long while. Snatched on the trigger and he flew away. First miss in allot of years.

knightrider

Quote from: Longshanks on April 05, 2014, 01:25:49 PM
Missed one with the LB 3" 5's this morning.  Turkey came in behind me and I was in an awkward position. Held the gun free handed for a long while. Snatched on the trigger and he flew away. First miss in allot of years.
guess that was the shells fau :TooFunny:lt

holtspur

Dropped this one like a sack of lead at 32yds. And also missed one at 12 yds earlier in the season.

Longshanks

Quote from: knightrider on April 05, 2014, 08:55:49 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on April 05, 2014, 01:25:49 PM
guess that was the shells fau :TooFunny:lt

You must have missed the part where I said "snatched on the trigger"? Operator error.  Not the first time and if I hunt long enough it will probably happen again.

kshutt

I decked a really nice double-bearded tom (11.0"/6.5") with LB 3" #5's at 30 yards on Saturday, 4-12-14. The bird went down hard with zero movement after I fired the shot. When I walked up on him he still hadn't moved until I stepped on his neck. My 835 likes these new Winchester shells!  :icon_thumright:

R AJ

I have loaded and unloaded these shells multiple times and they work great in a pump or auto. No distinct notice in these shells feeling any lighter to tote than when carrying the gun loaded with HTL loads. The rolled crimp will help me to distinguish these from other Winchester shells as the print is quickly wearing off. :goofball:

I have been using a 20 gauge for the season mostly but will give the longbeard shells some  action for the remainder of the season .

snapper1982

1 at 14 yards (that was ugly!) and 1 at 37 yards with 3 inch 5s. very pleased with them.

bmhern

Shot  one @ 15 yds, couple of weeks ago, shot another couple of days ago @ 40 yds, both dead birds, im really starting to like these longbeards #6s.

packmule

I killed three this week with 3" #4s through a BPS, all in the 30-35 yard range....very impressive shell.
Hunting partner killed one with a 3.5" #5 through a Nova at about 10 steps....did the job but they are a little tight for that range =).