turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester LB's/ Kill Report

Started by Longshanks, March 11, 2014, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Well we have dissected the shells, posted patterns ad nauseum, tested the penetration of the shells, measured the size of the shot, had numerous discussions that could only be explained by full fledge science projects, discussed what exactly the shot is doing coming down the barrel, discussed lead effectiveness with respect to 4's, 5's, 6's, argued the integrity of ammunition companies, argued the comparison of Pb to HTL, decided what yardage is acceptable with LB's without killing the first turkey with the shells, swore by our already proven set ups, argued cost effectiveness, discussed whether or not the resin cloud that leaves the barrel is harmful, even threw in Tiffany's name a couple of times for good measure,,did I leave anything out?

It is now youth season and soon to be turkey season in allot of areas of the country. How about we post some harvest results right here. Proof is in the pudding. There are some of the best turkey hunters in the country on this website. How about let's post up the effectiveness of the shell with respect to harvesting turkeys. What we all care most about.  Let's hear it guys. Feathers vs paper. (40 yds and less comments please) Good Luck! It's Turkey Season and the turkeys are gobbling! Pfft..dmmmm..

Longshanks

Anyone shot or missed a turkey with an Win LB yet?

LARRYHAYNES

Opening morning in Alabama I shot my turkey right at the 40 yard mark with LB #5. 3". It was a very quick and clean kill. Really like em
LARRY

Hhayes6

JuniorPre 360

Quote from: LARRYHAYNES on March 19, 2014, 10:36:42 PM
Opening morning in Alabama I shot my turkey right at the 40 yard mark with LB #5. 3". It was a very quick and clean kill. Really like em
Nice shooting! I'm hoping to post similar results in this thread.

bamagtrdude

I'm 99% sure that a turkey hunting friend of mine took his tom w/LB's this week - said he decked the bird @ 42 yards, shot went slam thru the bird & broke his wing on the other side.  Didn't move a muscle, he said.  I'm confirming these details, along with his gun/choke setup.  All he told me was, "Man, these new Winchester shells are the TICKET!".

3-22-14 update: Yep, he was using LB's - 835 Ulti-Mag, stock choke tube, #4 LB's 3.5" shells.  Stone cold @ 42 yards.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

campcreekfarm

Killed one Monday with 3 1/2" #5 @ 37 good steps.  Killed him dead as a hammer.  I like them I think.

Longshanks

Quote from: Hhayes6 on March 21, 2014, 12:01:02 PM
Missed with LB at 10 yards.  :OGturkeyhead:

That's an easy miss with any turkey gun/ shell. I did that a few years ago with Fed HW 7's/ Hastings .665 at 7-8 steps. Painful to watch him fly off. Went back and killed him.

Uchee creek gobblers

I killed one Tuesday at 43 yards with the 3" LB #5's out of an 1187 with the .665 jellyhead 21 inch barrel. No problems at all, when I cleaned the bird I found several pellets at the keel bone.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

nickp

My dad shot one sat with the 3 1/2" 5's. Hit him in the side at beard height he said at 38-40. Told me he didn't flinch. A few pass through pellets.

bmhern

turkey buster

I also killed one Monday with the LB 3.5/6's

darn2ten

We killed 3 in Ga. this week with LB 5's. they perform great.

Team Double D

My son killed his with my 835, SSX and LB6s. 26 steps. :OGturkeyhead: