OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longbeard #4 in a 3 1/2" 870

Started by nickp, March 11, 2014, 02:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickp

This was at a lasered 40 yards.  I believe that I am set. 151 in the 10.  :z-winnersmiley:

JuniorPre 360

I was told to stay away from #4's because of bad patterning. This post kind of proves that theory wrong. Looks like you'll be eating some turkey soon!

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Chilly

Bad for the turkey!!!  With that being said, I am blown away by this shell.  I can't believe that lead is putting up patterns like this. 
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

R AJ

Just go somewhere and enjoy it all. Now you can dream tonight that Wal-Mart has those after season sales and all those left over #4 Win LB XRs are on sale for $10.00 per box.

Hooksnhorns

Who would've ever thought, 151 w/ 4s!!! That's stout. What choke were you using?  Wal-mart has em?
Don't Tread On Me

CrustyRusty

It's been over 35 years since I've used 4's but I may go back.  I remember when it was a radical concept to go from 4 to 5's, but that pattern is quite interesting

ericjames

That makes it tempting too want to go back to 4's. That's gonna put the smack down on one.

nickp

Yeah, they sold me for sure.  That was using a .665 Jellyhead.  My gun loves the LB 4's and 5's.  Ready for Saturday!

captin_hook

That's top notch for 4s! I'm almost sorry I stocked up on hevi 7s last year.

L.F. Cox

Nothing like manly sized shot....

tomstopper

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

Hooksnhorns

Don't Tread On Me