Main Menu

LONNIE SNEED TURKEY CALLS [PICTURES ADDED]

Started by slicksbeagles1, March 11, 2014, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullet355

I have a Hot Hen and a Outlaw hen that both sound great. What is the
Tree yelper? Is it a pot call?

Jgarrett

Tree yelper is just a thin piece of wood with a circle cut out of it with a piece of slate glued onto the wood,  it just produces a very soft yelp.  I think they are only like $10, I've used mine right at daylight and gotten some responses out of it.  Something small and a little different sounding to use.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

lonnie sneed jr.

That little tree yelper that dad makes works very good late in the day when gobblers are shut mouthed. I will get in a place were I know there are turkey and just sit and make feeding calls of a hen on that little call. Several time I have done that and about 30 min. after I start doing the feeding calls a gobbler will show up. It is a very effective call to have in the vest.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Jgarrett

Lonnie Jr, I actually called your father Monday morning to thank him for my hot hen slate that helped me take a great gobbler that morning, lol
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

turkey john

I have two of Lonnie' slate calls. Great calls at a reasonable price....Great guy to talk to with lots of stories. Originally found his calls in a general store on the WV/VA line. ...

longbeard11

Was playing around last night with my hot hen slate and with the little tree yelper last night, man they have an amazing sound to them, just so smooth!!  I actually called with them and then called with all the other calls I had in my vest and just couldnt get that same great sound from any of them and I have alot of other great custom calls in there.   Mr. Sneeds call is the first one that I will reach for this spring in the turkey woods for sure!! 

Cant wait to get a few more from him!! Awesome calls!