turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

patterned the new gun

Started by AR_gobblergetter, March 14, 2011, 09:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_gobblergetter

shot my new gun finally yesterday got is set in with the red dot and gonna leave it on,

this was federal flight control 3.5, 2oz. #5's @40yards

this was remington NITRO turkeys, 3inch, #5's@ 40yards

I did not count pellets or use the normal 10 and 20 inch circle, jus shot and got it set in, my 6 year old daughter colored the targets for me and thought it was cool that I was gonna shoot them  . the targets  were 8 1/2x11 think

AR_gobblergetter

the bottom of the 3rd target had some holes at the bottom left from previous shot down and left of the turkey target

ILIKEHEVI-13

I like the bottom one the best. 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

OLE RASPY

I like the bottom one better.#6 shot will improve that pattern more but its huntable like it is.

hookedspur

Why do we like the bottom one better than the top one ? All my Turkey guns have sights or scopes and I shoot them like rifles so I like the tight patterns , I like the top one best.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

strutstopper

Quote from: hookedspur on March 14, 2011, 10:27:56 PM
Why do we like the bottom one better than the top one ? All my Turkey guns have sights or scopes and I shoot them like rifles so I like the tight patterns , I like the top one best.

I was thinking the same thing

ILIKEHEVI-13

Better overall pattern on the bottom one is why.  I like a good 10" core and 20" core as well.  The 20" numbers play a good role for overall pattern for wiggle room. 

joshua

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on March 14, 2011, 11:39:51 PM
Better overall pattern on the bottom one is why.  I like a good 10" core and 20" core as well.  The 20" numbers play a good role for overall pattern for wiggle room. 
Counting holes is fine but the bottom is the better overall hunting pattern.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon