OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Anyone else completely itching to get out there!

Started by jblackburn, March 10, 2014, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

OG is not helping my productivity at work today!  It is just over a month until the opener here and I am jonesing to get out there!

The south Florida guys and their dead turkeys and green leaves make me jealous!  :character0029:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

harleytom

I've got 109hrs left. I have my blinds set up, have ID'ed at least 8 long beards on my place with cameras. Birds are still flocked as of last Saturday but I did hear 2 gobble off roost Sunday and one on ground close to one of my setups. Trying to stay calm as the birds at my previous place handed me my tail last year with similar preseason situation. They appear so patternable until you step into the woods with a gun. Hoping I can get us off to a good start early.

turkey harvester

Good luck with them birds. Gotten several reports that they are beginning to gobble here in S.E. Mo. Had 4 of my students tell me this morning they heard 5 plus.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

paintbrush

6 Very long weeks to go yet!  I always hate this time of year when I have to sit up here in this still frozen and snow covered area I call home and have to watch those southern boys post up all them dead turkeys!  Only good thing is when they are mostly done, I'm just starting. A little bit of pay back I guess. I'm so ready to go NOW!

WVohioFAN

There's 45 days 17 hrs and 26 minutes until 6AM on opening day. The gobblers are just now starting to gobble a little in WV. It can't get here fast enough.

Swamp

rafsobbob

Its never going to get here I think its worse than waiting for Christmas or Birthday :dancingturkey:
My Grace Card "I promise to pray for you everyday, ask for your forgiveness, grant you the same, and be your friend ............... forever"

Frank G

Last weekend of the month for us in TN. Youth hunt next weekend, that will help a bit with the "when is it going to get here" anxiety.  :camohat: Until then I'll take all of my turkey toasters out to the range and "blast" a bunch of tutkey targets.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Try it it helps !!  :dancingturkey:

Frank G  In Tennessee

harleytom

Well tomorrow it begins. Cameras are showing birds have broken up so hope for lots of gobbling tomorrow morning. Rain moving in later in day so I may get wet this weekend.

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

harleytom

Good luck to all the other southern Headhunters that open up tomorrow. Bust 'em

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: WVohioFAN on March 13, 2014, 12:32:43 PM
There's 45 days 17 hrs and 26 minutes until 6AM on opening day. The gobblers are just now starting to gobble a little in WV. It can't get here fast enough.
im ready more than ever

dlewis82nd

Headed to kansas now to catch the archery season on april 1st but they are hammrring in central mo have seen several strutters and im always ready to go!

memert116

I am dying to get out.  I leave for Texas to hunt April 8 - 13 then back to Illinois for 2 days then hunt S.C. April 16 - 20 then back to Illinois to hunt here 21 - 24.    Then it's time to start crappie fishing..... :icon_thumright:

turkey harvester

The itch is kinda getting scratched, the Mo youth season starts Saturday and I get to take a young man on a hunt. We've found some birds and going to put them to bed tomorrow night and try to make something happen. If we whack one I'll put up a pic.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA