turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rifle in Gobbler season

Started by Twowithone, March 09, 2014, 05:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

Hey you Florida turkey guys did I read your DNR site right. Your allowed to use rifles in spring gobbler season. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Deputy 14

We are here in WV. That's the reason I won't use decoys. You would be surprised at the number of people that hunt turkeys without even taking a call. They hunt them like deer in the fields on strip mines. It's craziness.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Deputy 14 on March 09, 2014, 06:24:00 PM
We are here in WV. That's the reason I won't use decoys. You would be surprised at the number of people that hunt turkeys without even taking a call. They hunt them like deer in the fields on strip mines. It's craziness.

Same here in Virginia. Rifles are legal. Are we the only 3 states?

Twowithone

Their legal here in Pa. but for the fall season only. So down in W.Va. and Virginia you could harvest a gobbler at 200 yds if you had the right set up wow that is crazy for sure.

Deputy 14

Yea it's ignorant. Had a guy bragging to me the other day about how he shoots gobblers a 300 to 400 yards with a 22-250. No fun there to me, if they didn't gobble and play mind games I wouldn't hunt them.

Twowithone

I guess to each his own but I wouldn't trade the gobble and trying to lure him into you at close range to harvest this bird for anything. :firefighter:

RutnNStrutn

I mainly hunt public land here in FLA. And it depends on the particular WMA as to whether or not you can. I would never use a rifle. Getting them up close and personal is what the game is all about.  :gobble:

TURKEYWHACKER

I believe all WMA's here are now off limits to rifles.