turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiocchi 3" mags

Started by Canteathorns, March 09, 2014, 01:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canteathorns

:OGani: has anyone had any luck with fiocchi 3"" 1.75 oz nickel plated 6 shot ?  Picked up a box box of 25 was 21$ . Couldn't hurt to try them .

surehuntsalot

Never have tried the 6's,but have shot some of the 5's in 12ga,didn't really do very good.
I been shooting a 20ga for a few years now,finally got my hands on some Fiocchi 20ga 3" 1-1/4oz #7-1/2's...have a couple of pic's posted in the 20ga patterning section
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

sixbird

I had some Fiocchi, if I recall correctly, 3 1/2" maybe 2 + oz. They kicked like TWO mules! AND they didn't pattern well out of my SBE II. I gave them to a friend. He keeps trying to give them back...He calls them Ferocchi. I WON'T let him give 'em back!

R AJ

My experience is also lots of kick and not enough pattern. The old Activ shell had kick, shot count and pretty good patterns. I have not felt the need to experiment with any particular choke that these do best with but would like to hear from anyone who has a secret.

These shells have been on Graf & Sons forever while most of the other shells are out of stock if that tells you anything.

BandedSpur

No buffer =  poor patterns.

ozarkhooks

I shoot 3 inch 1.75oz 4 shot nickle plated gold turkey thru my nova with old non ported h.s. undertaker. The patterns are amazing and it's definetly a killer on both ends. I've never shot a shell that kicked so bad but they sure kill turkeys.

drum817

Quote from: BandedSpur on April 30, 2014, 09:25:19 AM
No buffer =  poor patterns.

+1 ....tried 3 & 3.5 inch a few years back....they sucked!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

owlhoot

Tried 3 inch 5 and 4 shot , 6 chokes , 3 guns= nothing good.

3 1/2" 2 1/4oz or 2 3/8 oz.? Extrema and gobblin thunder no good.

Watched a 6' 7" , kinda of a big fellar , friend of mine shoot that big load. Shoved him good.
Tried to give them to me, no thanks !