turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CVA Youth 20, factory choke and FC 7's

Started by Tail Feathers, March 08, 2014, 07:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I took her out to the lease range yesterday to sight in a new to me red dot I bought for the CVA 20.
A bit about the gun first.  She's straight as I bought her, chrome lined barrel and factory choke.  37" long, including the extended choke.  The wind was very light, temp 58 and I shot her from 35 yards because I had only fired two sight-in shots of field loads and honestly that's as far I want the grandsons to shoot right now.
From a dirty barrel with FC HW 7's I got 146 in the circle(after I got home and counted):

Fired using my four wheeler as a rest, it's a little high and left.  I'll do a final sight-in soon when I have my bull bag to use as a rest.  I'll also try 40 yards to see what she'll do from a clean barrel.
I think she'll kill a turkey.  I may upgrade the choke next year but I've spent enough for this season...at least according to my wife. ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

surehuntsalot

good looking pattern,good luck with it this season
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

owlhoot

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tail Feathers

It wasn't just a barrel, it's the whole gun.  I learned that their Scout line of centerfires don't have interchangeable barrels.  Got the gun at Academy Sports and Outdoors.  Only one I've ever seen.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott