turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scouting Reports

Started by Drthorn, March 06, 2014, 07:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank G

No I haven't Dr. Did you send it to my EM?

Frank G  In Tennessee

Frank G

Even checked my spam folder Dr. Nada

Frank G  In Tennessee

JW

Frank if you right click on anyone's banner, open properties and you should be able to copy the URL address.

or copy this and use the img code

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/12844441623_be970d5d4e_n.jpg

JW

Drthorn

Planned on getting to the farm before sunrise to listen for birds..of course I was running late and didn't get there until about 740ish...Had a single bird gobbling way across a pasture field..after a while I caught a glimpse of him making his way across the field gobbling like crazy. On the way out spotted a group of birds in the field that borders my hunting property..the toms are starting to display their dominance here in KY..check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziencz4_tog&list=UUjFgFn2qF8usKk1PxuqwzBA

Frank G

Youth hunt this weekend. Took one out today, had 7 different gobs making a racket they were all around us :icon_thumright: Two were even drumming up a storm, had one came "blasting" in sounded like someone threw a 16 # bowling ball in the leaves  :newmascot:. Unfortunately it started to rain, the only bird we had in range was a hen. Oh well the kid had a ball  :camohat:.
Taking a second out in the morning possibly better luck. The worst thing about today and tomorrow is I can't carry a gun  :fud: well worth it though, he had a blast.  :drool: Next weekend I get to try my ML SG  :theman:

Frank G  In Tennessee

Drthorn

gonna try to head back out in the morning to listen for some birds...they basically roost in the same place all the time, I just like hearing them and getting to know their travel routes after fly down. might get to finally hunt this Saturday.

Drthorn

gonna try to get an early start here in KY..going to head out to Ft Knox tomorrow afternoon and put my name in the drawing. hopefully I get drawn and can get a decent area to hunt this Saturday. Never turkey hunted knox before, but hey, gets me out a week early...better than sitting at home in the chair.

Drthorn

got skunked this morning at Ft Knox. had a few gobbling, but never could get anything to work. Gonna try it one more time tomorrow morning in a different area. Will keep you guys posted.

Frank G

Had a nice one out at 70 yards for 2 hours, strut back and forth. No way would move into range. Talk about frustrating  :angry9: You bet I'm going after him again in the AM. If his brother struts by first ......... TOAST!  :icon_thumright:
:anim_25: in KY in the morning.

Frank G  In Tennessee

Drthorn

got setup on a bird hammering on the roost. thought I was in a good spot, but he pitched out and, of course, went with his hens over the ridge...decided to get up and move that direction..about 75 yards down the road I run into 2 other hunters walking from the direction I was going..long story short, they had bumped the gobbler I was on and that was that...ugh, not a fan of public land hunting...back at it this upcoming Saturday for the KY state season opener..looking forward to it for sure

asmith4

Had 5 toms come in gobbling  like crazy  closest at 7 yards. 10 min after shooting hours. With a bow and no shot :-[ If i would have had the decoys 10 yards to my left i think i would had a shot. They didnt like something but turned around left and gobbled every time i called. They werent spooked so maybe next week!