turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

When do you start your hunt

Started by Woodsman4God, March 06, 2014, 06:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

I just got confirmation on my chosen hunt, I will be hunting April 28th- may 4th. I am going to wait til closer to that time to buy my license though, probably the day before because with this crazy weather if the birds are not active yet then I will just buy the otc may hunt and go then but my hopes are high for the earlier hunt.

anthonyjhallen

hookedspur

Our season opens 4/21 but we will be on the road till the 24th.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GobbleNut

I'll be leaving for Florida in a week for the first hunt of the year! 

honker22

I will begin on my little spot in MS, March 15.  I'm going out to listen on Saturday.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

hookedspur

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 06, 2014, 09:14:41 AM

Wish I was going with you .   Good Luck !!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

alclark2

We're headed to bama 3/21
Indiana starts 4/21 and I have the first 5 days of the season off  ;D
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

vicksburg

I have been hunting since Saturday with my 9 yr old.  Birds are henned up, and are silent on the ground.  My season opens this coming Saturday.
]

Clif Owen

GobbleNut

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 06, 2014, 09:14:41 AM

Well, I'm very disappointed to have to report that our Florida Osceola trip fell apart less than 24 hours before we were scheduled to board the plane.   My single season slam attempt just went right out the window, but more importantly, my son's first Osceola hunt is also down the drain.  Hope this isn't an indicator of how the rest of our season will be!

redarrow

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well. May the rest of the season go well for you.

honker22

The birds I was hunting got sniped off the limb by my neighbor. I hope he feels good about himself. Looks like I will be going home empty handed today
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

redarrow

GobbleNut

Quote from: honker22 on March 16, 2014, 09:02:00 AM
The birds I was hunting got sniped off the limb by my neighbor. I hope he feels good about himself. Looks like I will be going home empty handed today

Is limb sniping legal there?  If not, and my neighbor did that, I would be collecting a nice little sum from our Game and Fish Department's "Operation Game Thief" fund!  If it was legal, I would be letting my neighbor know what I thought about it regardless.