OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your favorite shell?

Started by AlabamaLongbeards, March 05, 2014, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wibirdhunter

Couple hours from a few different cabelas. I can't hunt until mid May with the tags I have so I'm not worried about it. Really Nothing I've shot out of my beretta that wouldn't get the job done at 40 and beyond.

Lb xr 6's put over 250 in the 10 at 40 when it was 25 outside so I really just want to see what 5's will do and maybe 6's again.

learn2hide

nice, I'd shoot the #5s if they hit well for you...the #6 lead is still short on energy for long range despite patterning more than well enough. Good luck in May, heck I'll be done before you can even start
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

dawei

Winchester® Double X™ 20ga 3" Mag 1200fps 1 5/16oz #4Pb (STH2034).....
https://winchester.com/Products/Ammunition/Shotshell?filters=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%22%23g-2%22%2C%22%23b-13%22%5D%7D

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Gooserbat

Win HV 3.5" #6 I've killed more birds with that load than all others combined.  Now that said I'm really liking Longbeard #6
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

trkehunr93

Win. HV 3.5" 5's!  The gobbler I killed yesterday morning did not like them though! ;D

Fastcat

10 gauge: Federal 2 1/4 oz #4 shot.  This load is long discontinued but is by far my favorite in the big 10.  That said I'm Dow to my last 19!

12 gauge: Winchester HV #5 shot 3 1/2" .  Out of my 835 this load does a great job of making my 10 gauge feel like a 410!

jblackburn

Winchester Supreme XX 6s (red shell) 3 or 3.5 are killer out of my 835
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.