News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Your favorite shell?

Started by AlabamaLongbeards, March 05, 2014, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

12 gauge:
HTL:  Hevi 3.5/2.25/7's for sheer pattern.  Fed. 3.5" HW 7's for pure turkey dropping power (and they pattern really well too).

Lead.  Fed. 3.5/2/6 ORIGINAL Grand Slam laods with the triple plus wad or the Win. XX 3.5/2.25/5 red shells.

20 gauge:  Fed. HW 7's.  PERIOD.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

bmhern

My old favorite has to be winchester supreme 12 ga #6  3". but if these longbeards work out they might just be my new favorite.

davisd9

Hevi 3.5 2.25 oz 6s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

d.winsor

old:  Winchester supreme High Velocity #5's   New: Winchester Long Beards #5, though I will have to get a more open choke for them, there pattern is too tight at 40 yds.  I currently shoot .665 choke and use supreme HV

nickp

12 gauge
Old:
HTL - Remington Hevi Shot #6 = Amazing.
Lead - Winchester HV #5 = Thumped them at 45 and under.
New:   
HTL - Hevi #6 = Great shell, just expensive.
Lead - Longbeard #4 = Absolutely ridiculous patterns, so tight that I added a scope. 

10 Gauge:
Lead - Winchester HV #6 = Bad to the bone to 45.
HTL - Tie between mag blend and fed. hwt #7 = MB had more further out, but hwt still had enough.

20 gauge (2 3/4" full barrel)
Lead - Winchester high brass #6 and Remington Nitro Mag #4= Good to 35 yards.
HTL - Fed Hwt #7 = Good to 45.

AC 870

3" no 6 Turkey Thug
3" no 4 Long Beard

Back in the day I loved the black Winchester 3-1/2 No 6

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

learn2hide

Remington 4x6 Duplex was my favorite OLD shell...still a killer at 40 yards 
Hevi-13 2.25 oz 6 or 7 is my NEW favorite, both pattern and punish gobblers
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

wibirdhunter

Older fiocchi turkey thunder when they were in a blue box.

2 3/8 ounce of nickel plated lead and they patterned great. Fiocchi nickel plated lead is way more consistent then most copper plated.

Several years ago they started loading them with a wad that isn't even long enough to hold all the shot and they pattern like crap now.

Liking the longbeard now just wish I could fine them in 5's and 4's.

Other than lead xtended range is hard to beat.

learn2hide

had 4's at our local Gander Mountain today but 5's are hard to come by as you said wait till May 15th they will be available everywhere :-)
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

WyoHunter

Winchester Supreme Black HV 6's so far but haven't patterned the Longbeard 6's yet.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Longshanks

Hevi 13 3.5/2.25/7's
Hevi 13 3/2/7's
Hevi 13 3/2/6's
Magblends

Win XX 3/2/6's
Win HV 3/ 1 3/4/ 6's
Win S-X 3/1 7/8/ 6's

Win LB's

rockyfackler

I liked the old school nitros, or could have been I killed my turkey with them.

wibirdhunter

Quote from: learn2hide on April 06, 2014, 12:39:19 AM
had 4's at our local Gander Mountain today but 5's are hard to come by as you said wait till May 15th they will be available everywhere :-)
It looks like cabelas has 5's in the 3.5 inch longbeard and free shipping over 100. I just don't want to order that many or pay shipping. I'll find some in my travels.

learn2hide

free ship to store for any qty...don't guess you are close to a Cabelas store? You could always buy some other gear to get to 100 bucks...everyone needs more stuff!!! LOL  :z-guntootsmiley: