TRKYHTR

You guys are boring this year......

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

alloutdoors

Too many stone cold killers on the team now.  :fud:

Here, if it makes you feel better:

"So guys, last year I located this big ol' tom. I snuck in real early one morning and set up 100 yards from his tree. I owl hooted to make sure he was there and he gobbled back. Then I owl hooted every one or two minutes just to make sure he hadn't moved. An hour later when it started to get light I switched to my Primos Turkey Getter 9000 box call and he was really eating it up. I thought it was a done deal, but four hours later when my arm cramped up from all the yelping he was still sitting in his tree gobbling his head off. Did I do something wrong? I see Primos has a new Turkey Getter 10000 box call on the market this year, they say it's their best call ever (they said that about the 9000 too, but I guess they've had a whole year to make it even better). Has anyone done an endurance test on the new one yet, can you run it more than 4 hours before your arm cramps? I really think if I could have just lasted a few more minutes before my arm gave out I would have had that bird for sure."

Happy Joe?   :toothy12:

TRKYHTR

Very happy. You should have just quit calling after about 30 minutes and he probably would have flown down and came looking. That would have at least saved your arm. LOL

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

alloutdoors

I don't know Joe. I think with our NY turkeys it's an endurance contest. It's all about wearing down their willpower with an incessant barrage of yelping, at least that's what I've gathered from listening to some of the other turkey hunters around here. Some times I hear those guys shoot five or six times in a morning so they must know what they are doing.

savduck

It is slow around here. Busy working. Just closed 3 got five more by march 18
Georgia Boy

Houndstooth Game Calls

My wife's had me pumping mouthcalls out and building pots dang her! This up coming weekend is our youth season I am so ready have my son my treasure chest bag so tonight we been loading it up! Talk about fun, plus he's calling good this year!!!

MuddyRiver

edited:  Oops....... being a noobie I posted in the wrong thread.... Sorry.   

VanHelden Game Calls

Sorry it was still -degrees yesterday.  Forecast calls for upper 20's this weekend :fire:

Hard to get motivated, plus to add in the reports of flocks found dead from the winter its a little depressing, I have stayed out of the woods just so I do not produce any unnecessary stress on the deer and turks.  SO I have been unable to confirm the status of our flocks locally.

jbrown

Well, I've had 2 days off in the last 3 weeks, I'm ready for quail season to go out!! We had a much better this yr than last yr, but I'm sick of quail huntin! I'm ready to heard that gobbler sound off!