Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Long Beard 3" #6's through SumToy .650 10,20 & 40 yards

Started by drum817, February 27, 2014, 02:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Shot the Long Beard 3" #6's through a SumToy .650 using the Weatherby PA-459 (18.5" Barrel) 10,20 & 40 yards.  Still VERY PLEASED!!!  Here are the results.....

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

eddie234

That looks pretty tight? I was shooting the ssx out of my winchester 1300 and my 20 was that tight. I opened it up a bit.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

drum817

I shot low brass #8 bird shot at 10 & 20 too and it was just as tight! 

highwaygun

Just hold it on him got and you should be fine. But old tom on the other hand will have a headache for sure.

captin_hook

darn2ten

Looks good, about the same results I got. I agree, really no different at close range than other loads I've tried.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quoteno different at close range than other loads I've tried

Less Choke would open up this pattern, and other patterns as well, if that is someone's goal.

darn2ten

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 27, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

Less Choke would open up this pattern, and other patterns as well, if that is someone's goal.
Not always so, I shot 20 yds with these through a kick's .680 and a IC .665 and you couldn't tell enough difference to matter. At 40 yds. the difference was big. I was talking at 20 and in. and the LB's being no tighter than any of the other turkey loads that I normally shoot out of my tighter chokes.

drum817

Quote from: darn2ten on February 27, 2014, 09:29:51 PM
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 27, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

Not always so, I shot 20 yds with these through a kick's .680 and a IC .665 and you couldn't tell enough difference to matter. At 40 yds. the difference was big. I was talking at 20 and in. and the LB's being no tighter than any of the other turkey loads that I normally shoot out of my tighter chokes.

:agreed:

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

drum817

Longshanks

darn2ten

Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on February 28, 2014, 11:42:12 AM
I am loving these LongBeards!
Shoot, I'm kind of digging that short piped, pistol gripped Weatherby! Oh... and those Long Beards ain't to bad either.  :z-guntootsmiley:

drum817

Quote from: darn2ten on February 28, 2014, 05:11:51 PM
Quote from: JuniorPre 360 on February 28, 2014, 11:42:12 AM
I am loving these LongBeards!
Shoot, I'm kind of digging that short piped, pistol gripped Weatherby! Oh... and those Long Beards ain't to bad either.  :z-guntootsmiley:

I am sure enough loving that little weatherby!!!  I was a bit nervous when I bought it  ....wondering if I could get a good pattern or not....glad I rolled the dice on it!!!