OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strikers for Anodized Aluminum

Started by golfernash, February 27, 2014, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfernash

What do you guys like for anodized calls?

drum817

Just got this Diamond Wood striker today with a anodized aluminum call and it sounds GREAT!!!

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

eddie234

I to like the dymondwood for my aluminum

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mwr

Quote from: drum817 on February 27, 2014, 06:16:07 PM
Just got this Diamond Wood striker today with a anodized aluminum call and it sounds GREAT!!!

I just got one also!! I'll second that!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

M,Yingling

Try Yellow heart works great on the anodized
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

R.W. Mackey

I don't think you can best Black Locust on most anything, try a good Cedar as well, you will like both.

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Heller

I like birch, persimmon, zebrawood, and black locust. Dymondwood doesn't do much for me, I can't get better sound from any of the ones I mentioned. Each person plays differently

eddie234

Quote from: Heller on February 27, 2014, 09:41:21 PM
I like birch, persimmon, zebrawood, and black locust. Dymondwood doesn't do much for me, I can't get better sound from any of the ones I mentioned. Each person plays differently
Move about 100 yards away and play an alum call with a dymond wood striker. Youll be amazed!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

pauld

Every call is a little different but I'm loving East Indian Rosewood, Tzliam, Hickory and Wendge on all of the ones I've run. I would HIGHLY recomment the Wenge, go with a mediam weight striker on it as well as lighter ones get a little to high pitched, even for me. An Aluminum call should hurt your ears when you play it if it's tuned up and paired with the right striker.

strutnrut

I like a fiberglass rod with a med weight head on it. Makes an aluminum call and all weather call. matter of fact it plays better wet because the water will help cut down on build up. No mater which striker material you use you may want to lay claim to an all weather striker for the call.