OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your money call?

Started by REBELYELL, February 24, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

What is your go to call, you know the first one out of your vest or the one that has brought you the most success? I usually find myself with a Hook's Sassy Gal 3 in my mouth and a Crystal Mistress with a snakewood or Ipe striker paired up with it. I just picked up a Twisted Sister and have a Cacklin Crystal on the way, so things might change this year, but the last couple of years it was the Crystal Mistress. That call just sounds like a hen turkey, is very easy to run and sounds good with any striker you drag across it. You can hammer on it or tone it down and it still sounds good.

What is your money call?           

FL-Boss

20 year old HS Strut plastic and glass top pot call. Has a plastic stricker ... been a good one. 

letinmfly

Jody my money calls are both crystal.  One is a crystal I had Al Shoemaker me in a Black Limba pot.  The other is one of Andy Kaiser's GS-1 calls. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

mudhen

Lights Out slate over glass pot call, laminated, with a LO laminated striker...

Albert Paul box call is also required by me...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

REBELYELL

I didn't get it until after season last year, but I really look forward to trying David Loftis Crystal Screamer. It sounds wicked with his carbon tip striker, but it also sounds different than any other call. It has a very unique sound that I think the gobblers can't resist, at least the two year olds.

:turkey2:

Greenshed Longbeard

In my neck of the woods a primos power crystal rules, especially the last four years 
Greenshed Longbeard

rem 300

MikeStaten

HS Black Magic or Halloran Twisted Sister

Gooserbat

I run my Bacon or Hillbilly for a mouth call and my go to pot is a Magnolia slate in osage Gary built a long time ago. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

gwa

I really don't know if I have a money call or not. I use whatever works at the time, if I have success with a certain call, it has earned its keeps and I dig out another one to try and be successful with. It would be boring to have 50 calls and use only one or two. May be a box call day today and a slate day tomorrow. To each his own....
Denny

ferocious calls

Quote from: gwa on February 24, 2014, 07:36:03 PM
I really don't know if I have a money call or not. I use whatever works at the time, if I have success with a certain call, it has earned its keeps and I dig out another one to try and be successful with. It would be boring to have 50 calls and use only one or two. May be a box call day today and a slate day tomorrow. To each his own....
Denny

+1
Variety keeps it fun. Like the boxes, pots and wingbones best.

West Augusta

It's always been a Glen Marrer glass over glass with one of my black locust strikers but this year it will be my glass over slate pots with my Dymondwood striker. Or my titanium over glass pot.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

cphill

Hs black magic alum and Cody 2 glass

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

drum817

Mine is the SS Hitman mouth call along with my SS laminated slate over glass w/ a kwila wood one piece striker.....The birds never stand a chance!!!   ;D ;D ;D
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SCTrky10

Persimmon Hill 3reed cutter mouth call. Its deadly!