Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Weatherby PA-459....SumToy .650.... Hevi 13 3" 2oz #6

Started by drum817, February 23, 2014, 08:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Shot this one this afternoon.  Was quite pleased!  Still gonna probably hunt the Long beards this year.

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Xcal1ber

That's a killer pattern right there with those Hevi 6's!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

drum817

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 23, 2014, 10:23:02 PM
That's a killer pattern right there with those Hevi 6's!

Not too shabby for a 18.5" barrel huh??   ;D

TBab

That's reminiscent of your patterns with the SSX Brian. Lookin good Drum especially from that 18.5 pipe. Lol
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

Xcal1ber

Quote from: TBab on February 23, 2014, 11:57:07 PM
That's reminiscent of your patterns with the SSX Brian. Lookin good Drum especially from that 18.5 pipe. Lol

And 3" shells!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

tomstopper

darn2ten

Very nice! I think you got a killer combo there. I picked one of those Weatherby's up at the convention in 20 gauge and really liked it.

drum817

Quote from: darn2ten on February 24, 2014, 09:07:12 PM
Very nice! I think you got a killer combo there. I picked one of those Weatherby's up at the convention in 20 gauge and really liked it.

I think it makes an awesome turkey gun....plus doubles as a great home defense weapon too!

SumToy

Quote from: drum817 on February 24, 2014, 09:12:11 PM

I think it makes an awesome turkey gun....plus doubles as a great home defense weapon too!

shoot some #8's bird shot out that choke at the normal distance of a room in your house.   :drool: 

Sir I did not want to hurt him just wanted him to stop that is why I used bird shot not buckshot.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

drum817

Quote from: SumToy on February 24, 2014, 09:34:41 PM
Quote from: drum817 on February 24, 2014, 09:12:11 PM

shoot some #8's bird shot out that choke at the normal distance of a room in your house.   :drool: 

Sir I did not want to hurt him just wanted him to stop that is why I used bird shot not buckshot.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   funny you say that William.....#8 low brass is BAD NEWS in that choke at 20-30 feet!!!!   :OGturkeyhead:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I would say that is a fantastic pattern from a 18.5" barrel.  I would even go as far as to say that pattern is mind boggling!   

drum817

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 24, 2014, 09:56:35 PM
I would say that is a fantastic pattern from a 18.5" barrel.  I would even go as far as to say that pattern is mind boggling!

THANKS Man!!!... I'm pretty pleased!!!   :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

damn fine pattern for any gun much less a pipe that short :icon_thumright:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase