OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 with hevi-shot

Started by Turkey fryin, February 23, 2014, 08:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey fryin

As of now I'm shooting a mossy 835,UTG reddot, with hevi shot choke and 3" magblends. It threw a 139 hit in 10" circle at 40yds in 39 deg temp
I plan on playin around with some different ammos and chokes to try and get more hits in the 10" even tho I'm sure this set is good enough to bust a beard up

surehuntsalot

that will take any turkey all day long
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

davisd9

Nothing wrong with that and as the temp rises so will your numbers. Try a truglo ssx. Seems like people are getting good results with it. I love my 835. Good luck.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

captin_hook

Nothing wrong with that pattern. I would shoot at a larger sheet of paper though just to make sure your most dense part of your pattern is what your drawing your 10 ring around and counting.

owlhoot

get the deep fryer ready!    looks good

Turkey fryin

Quote from: davisd9 on February 27, 2014, 12:23:34 PM
Nothing wrong with that and as the temp rises so will your numbers. Try a truglo ssx. Seems like people are getting good results with it. I love my 835. Good luck.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
Love my 835 also! I just bought the new jelly head maximum, I haven't read many reviews on it but figured I would give it a try.  Also picked up some hevi shot #4's and some long beards #5 can't wait to go shoot!

nothingbutlongbeards

I love that pattern and the Hevishot turkey loads as well :turkey2:

tomstopper

strutlife

Try a stardot 676 with longbeard xr #6. Will blow your mind.

BigStrutter

Nice pattern....I'd take that any day of the week. I was very impressed with the magblends.
"Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep"

snodswinger34

nothingbutlongbeards

Quote from: BigStrutter on March 10, 2014, 10:25:18 PM
Nice pattern....I'd take that any day of the week. I was very impressed with the magblends.

I shot some 3" MagBlends this weekend as amazed at how many pellets that I got on target
at 60 yds.....

strutlife

Also, a 675 Sumtoy with 3.5 longbeard xr 6's, hevi 6's or hevi 7's.

Turkey fryin

Quote from: strutlife on March 01, 2014, 10:10:09 PM
Try a stardot 676 with longbeard xr #6. Will blow your mind.
I would love to try a stardot but the only one I found was on eBay for$108 I already spent a lot gettin ready for this spring season so maybe next year

DirtNap647