Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

guys shooting these tight patterns - using beads or sights?

Started by MikeStaten, February 23, 2014, 10:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

Ok been using just the bead on my benelli and I'll continue to do so.  Shoots a bit high but I just aim a few inches low.

turkey_picker

gophert

Miss a few, and you will get a red dot.  Burris Fast Fire's on all my 870's.

Longshanks

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on February 23, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
tru glo magnum gobble dot sights mount to rib never had any problems had them on a few guns for 4-5 years. Tried a red dot and did not like it.

That's my story, have the tru glo on several guns. I shoot double beads on one of my turkey guns and it's the only one that the POA/POI is dead on. Screw in tight constriction turkey chokes and run high-powered HTL and Pb, the majority of my guns have required dialing in with adjustable sights.

bushwhacker

Tru Glo pro series sights on my 21" and 23" barreled 870's and beads on the 26" and 28" 870's. Have had a set of tru Glo sights on one of my guns for 12 years and they have never come loose and I have never adjusted them.

WildSpur

I have tried everything except a ghost ring sight.  I currently shoot a ff2 and love it.  I like the precision it gives me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

eddie234

I just bought a set of the tru glo gobbler dots. They seem well made, i currently have a set of the tru glo stick on's, i'll be using them this spring and put on the gobbler dots this summer.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

beagler

I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot on both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. Love the sight.
Never Misses

jdavenp3

Used Hi-Viz TriViz last year. They were pretty good, could have been better... Going to jump on the FastFire 3 train this year and see what it is about.

Gobble!

Gooserbat

Truglo Magnum Gobble Dots for me.  I sure with that name was shorter like TG-MGD
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Matt81302

After having my adjustable sights come loose on my 835 last year and missing 2 toms in one day. I'm going with a scope this season. So far I really like.

Frank G

Quote from: beagler on February 24, 2014, 08:15:19 PM
I have an Aimpoint 9000SC red dot on both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. Love the sight.

Beagler,
I'm with you on the AimPoint 9000  :icon_thumright:
Just "perched" one on my new TK2000  :icon_thumright: Also have them on my S&W 460, T/C muzzle loader pistol and a 30-30 lever action. IMO there is no finer Red Dot out there.

Frank G  In Tennessee

SKFOOTER

I have Williams Universal Fire Sights on all of my turkey guns. :OGturkeyhead:

ericjames

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 25, 2014, 11:48:03 AM
Truglo Magnum Gobble Dots for me.  I sure with that name was shorter like TG-MGD

I liked mine, the only problem I ever had with them was the front sight fiber optic broke and fell out of them 2 different times. It's no problem all you have to do is get another piece of fiber optic burn one end cut it about an 1/8" long burn that end and you ate ready to go again. I got mine from a local archery shop. I replaced both of mine with fastfire's