OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mississippi

Started by surehuntsalot, February 22, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

been scouting the last 2 saturdays,seen several birds,but not one gobble heard yet
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Grobec1

What part of Mississippi your in. I'm hunting north of Greensburg, La. about 2 miles from the
Miss./La. border. Went this weekend and did not see any birds or hear any gobbling.

J Hook Max

Do you have any turkeys to do any gobbling. I know Mississippi has been hurting for a couple of years. Things are that great here in Alabama either.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Grobec1 on March 03, 2014, 09:11:12 AM
What part of Mississippi your in. I'm hunting north of Greensburg, La. about 2 miles from the
Miss./La. border. Went this weekend and did not see any birds or hear any gobbling.

south/central part of the state about 45 miles south east of Jackson

surehuntsalot

Quote from: J Hook Max on March 03, 2014, 11:23:36 AM
Do you have any turkeys to do any gobbling. I know Mississippi has been hurting for a couple of years. Things are that great here in Alabama either.

Yea there are some birds in the area,this screwed up weather we been having hasn't helped any either

davisd9

Buddies that hunt outside Fayette listened this past Sunday and heard two gobble.  Was some sign but not as much as they hoped.  Property was pretty wet in one area.  Hopefully the temps will rise and the birds will gobble!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

slave601

Silent this morning in Covington co
"thinnin the flock"

surehuntsalot

silent in simpson co. also all weekend

EMDawg

Nothing in Attala Co this past weekend. Hopefully the weather this week will get them going

BT

Tried in Copiah County on 3/8. No gobbles.  A friend said he heard one gobble 30 time near Port Gibson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bc76

Heard one gobble on the roost twice sat morn. Clarke Co

J Hook Max

I am very familiar with South Mississippi. These are all prime counties for turkeys. I have hunted in quite a few of these areas in the past.
I know the spring is late but it seems like it is different than ten years ago. North Mississippi is in pretty good shape I think but the population must be down in the South.
We have much the same situation here in Alabama. Some of the prime areas in South Alabama just don't have the birds we had ten or twenty years ago. Farther up the state it seems to be no change , maybe even better in some areas.
It just seems that it hasn't been the same since Hurricanes Ivan ands Katrina. Ivan made a mess of our timberlands as I know Katrina did yours. I just believe it hurt us.

northms

Buddy heard them in Pontotoc County gobbling today on the roost.  :fud:

BT

No gobbles in Copiah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Timer53

Quiet in Claiborne Co