turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need some help on a FFIII, I'm out of adjustment

Started by ahfox16, February 22, 2014, 03:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahfox16

Mounted it on my factory drilled and tapped Winchester Model 1300 with 18.5" barrel using the specified Weaver base.  Used the Picatinny mount that came with the FFIII.  Still shoots 10" low at 40 yards and I'm out of adjustment.  Any ideas???

PS.  My first thought is to flip the base 180 degrees and reattach the FFIII and see what happens but would appreciate ideas. 

Rapscallion Vermilion

I'm not sure from your post, but it sounds like you have two bases stacked.  If you have the Weaver 336 base, just mount the FFIII directly to that.  Burris can help if you don't have the right screws.  If that doesn't solve your problem, some folks here have resorted to shims below the base to change the angle of the base.  If the problem persists, you would want to raise the rear very slightly.  It doesn't take much, maybe 1/100 th of an inch.

ahfox16

I've got the weaver base made for the drilled and tapped Winchester model 1300.  Its a one piece base that uses all 4 holes that were drilled and tapped by the factory.   

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/798324/weaver-1-piece-multi-slot-tactical-weaver-style-base-for-winchester-1300-matte

This is the FastFire III I purchased that came with the Picatinny mount:

http://www.amazon.com/Burris-300234-Fastfire-Picatinny-Mount/dp/B007I9D8QE

HELP   :'(

Rapscallion Vermilion

The first thing I would do is get a good straight edge end see if the Weaver is straight and parallel to the barrel. 

BurrisOptics

WE have seen this before on some FF3 sights.  I would call customer service, send it in, and they will replace it.  I think you will see that the replacment will work just fine. 

Chuck1443

Mine started out the Same , took the adjustment to the up extreme down extreme A few times , then it was fine . Idk go figure

ahfox16

Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 25, 2014, 02:25:22 PM
WE have seen this before on some FF3 sights.  I would call customer service, send it in, and they will replace it.  I think you will see that the replacment will work just fine.

I'll flip the base and try that.  If that doesn't work I'll send it in for replacement.  Also noticed the top adjustment is much looser when turning as compared to the side adjustment.  Almost hard to feel the clicks when turning.   Tom

chatterbox

Quote from: ahfox16 on February 26, 2014, 05:46:25 AM
Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 25, 2014, 02:25:22 PM

I'll flip the base and try that.  If that doesn't work I'll send it in for replacement.  Also noticed the top adjustment is much looser when turning as compared to the side adjustment.  Almost hard to feel the clicks when turning.   Tom
Personally, I would send it in. Sounds like there is an issue with your elevation adjustment.

wvnut3

I would send it in also.. Burris is top notch on customer service. Lee

goblr77

Quote from: Chuck1443 on February 25, 2014, 08:36:36 PM
Mine started out the Same , took the adjustment to the up extreme down extreme A few times , then it was fine . Idk go figure

Same thing with mine.

Hayman

Byhalia

Burris customer service is No. 1 !!!!      :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Red Clay

I mounted a ffIII on a Benelli SBE with a speed bead this year. I put the smaller base spacer on it. I could not get the gun to sight in.  I ran out of vertical adjustment just like you said. I solved it by removing the base spacer and mounting directly to the speed bead. I have enough vertical adjustment now, but the red dot is right on top of my front bead. I'm going to fiddle with it more or send it in this summer.