Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 02/21/2014 " Sparrows, Manna, Self, and God's Provision

Started by BOFF, February 21, 2014, 07:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

The last several weeks here in Alabama it has been cold, with snow on the ground twice in my area. A little unnatural here. In this freezing temps, I observed some sparrows gathering the seed under a ceder tree. They were so busy I was able to stand within 3-5 feet of them. I had an urge to help them out, and wanted to place some bread under the tree for them to eat.

In finding some bread, I tore it, and threw it all around the tree. To my suprise, the birds made no attempt in eating the bread, but carried on with filling themselves up with the seed under the tree.

In the above occurrence, my mind thought about a flood of themes for today.

.......How God actually provides us manna and we just don't see it, due to us being so focused on ourselves and issues at hand.

.......How what we think is needed (bread), and will save the day, is not needed at all.

.......How good God is to us. He already has plans for us and provisions for us, IF, we are following and seeking His will.

.......How the bread I provided, is NOT the manna of God.

A simple scripture to go along with the above, which is one of my favorites. It reads from Matthew 6:25-34.

Matthew 6:25-34 (NKJV)

Do Not Worry

25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I highlighted the above verse 33, for if we do this first, everything else, will fall into place.

Are you aware of God's will for You, or are you searching for bread which is not needed, nor of God?

Father God,

Thank You for already having plans for each of us. May we be focused on You and be in tune with the Holy Counselor, seeking Your will for us each day. May our eyes be open to the manna which You provide.

Thank You for the salvation we have through Your son Jesus, and the eternal home we have in Your Kingdom. May our fruits be a honor and glory to You.

For it is in the name of Jesus, we give You the praise and honor, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

RBC

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

MouthCaller

Wow that was awesome thanks for that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk