OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WMA drawings

Started by FullChoke, February 20, 2014, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Mississippi WMA permit draw system scores another "thud" this year. I was disrespected for the second consecutive year and was not drawn for any of the WMAs I put in for. Conversely, some people have posted having been successfully drawn for 7 permits, some for the same days.   :angry9:

Fortunately, I have other places to hunt.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

Norman,you know that you are more than welcomed to come hunt the retarded birds of simpson county any time you want.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mightyjoeyoung

I am so happy we don't have to deal with that crap up here in PA.  Potential for two longbeards for 20 bucks seems like heaven compared to some of the hoops you southern and western boys need to jump through...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

jakesdad

I agree.Glad MO is just pay your $$ at the counter and hunt!!(Still wouldn't mind huntin with some of you down south boys sometime tho!! :z-guntootsmiley:)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

8upbowhunter

The WMA I hunt here has 3 weekend lottery hunts and a 7 day open season so hopefully I get drawn for one of the lottery hunts. Each lottery only draws 15 hunters so it's a long shot.

xarcher

So help me understand the whole lottery hunt thing.  Management tool?  Hunter safety?  Are there different rules for public and private land?  Alabama allows 5 birds, which is close to Mississippi, and I don't think they have so many lottery hunts. Just curious.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

surehuntsalot

The main reason that we have a draw hunt system here in Ms. is because of the out of state pressure that the public WMA's get during the first couple of weeks of the season.
Not trying to stir up anything,just stating the reasons.

xarcher

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 22, 2014, 09:05:21 AM
The main reason that we have a draw hunt system here in Ms. is because of the out of state pressure that the public WMA's get during the first couple of weeks of the season.
I get it.  That makes sense.  So the lottery hunts are only cover a portion of the season then it is open? 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: xarcher on February 22, 2014, 09:16:05 AM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 22, 2014, 09:05:21 AM
I get it.  That makes sense.  So the lottery hunts are only cover a portion of the season then it is open?

yes,I think it's the first 2 weeks of the season