turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scouting Reports.

Started by bornagain64, February 20, 2014, 02:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

If you get a chance to go scouting or check your trail cameras post up some pics or results here.
A great turkey season starts with great scouting.

bornagain64

I went out this past weekend to some public land, just to have a look around. It is not the best area, but I know Ray and I are gonna want to he in the woods the first week of the season, so we might not have a choice. Did not see any birds or turkey sign. I did find a nice area that could hold birds. They should be gobbling by now, so I am gonna try and get out every weekend I can. Ray and I will hit the woods on Sundays at sunrise, listen and have a look around, And still make it to church on time.

timberjack86

I know were they are now but its still to early to count on.

backwater

John and I had the opportunity to do a little scouting this morning. It was nice to hear our first gobbles of the year. 

timberjack86

Sounds good. Hopefully yall can kill some long spurred oceolas  :z-guntootsmiley:

neverstopchasin

timberjack how much will you charge to let me shoot that one in your yard? :turkey2:

jarbo03

Been seeing lots of birds lately.  Everything is still using grain fields.  Cold front and possibly lots of snow over next week will keep it that way.  Will start scouting seriously once weeds start growing and I start seeing bugs.

timberjack86

Quote from: neverstopchasin on February 25, 2014, 10:13:18 PM
timberjack how much will you charge to let me shoot that one in your yard? :turkey2:
$800 for a guaranteed hunt :fud:

neverstopchasin

gonna need it since i bout that house today that needs completely remodeled :z-guntootsmiley:

bornagain64

Ray and I went out again today, to another one of our public land hunt area. We have several areas that have held birds in the past , so we focused on a couple of new areas. We put out several cameras and will go back in a couple of weeks to check them out.

John

timberjack86

I checked a spot this Morning. Heard 2 Gobbling like crazy!