turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Took a chance... Paid off

Started by M R Ducks, February 18, 2014, 05:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M R Ducks

I was on eBay the other day and saw an SP10 truglo for sale for $25.  Still in factory package, which looked old and dog eared....  I zoomed in, looked, couldn't tell... But it felt right so I took a chance.  Got it today, and it is a Bansner. ;D

Rockhound

That's the only truglo 10 gauge choke made. And yes it is a great shooting choke with almost everything.

WildTigerTrout

I bought a Tru-Glo Bansner choke years ago for my BPS 10. I can tell you I paid more than $25 for it. Great find!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

M R Ducks

Rock, I didn't know they were the only ones made for the 10.  That is good to know!

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Rockhound on February 18, 2014, 07:59:23 PM
That's the only truglo 10 gauge choke made. And yes it is a great shooting choke with almost everything.
They also made 10 ga chokes for the Browning BPS and NEF.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Rockhound

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on February 19, 2014, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: Rockhound on February 18, 2014, 07:59:23 PM
They also made 10 ga chokes for the Browning BPS and NEF.

I know that I had one ;) but I was saying the only 10 gauge choke truglo made was the basner

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 19, 2014, 10:27:17 PM
How good does this choke shoot?
Mine shoots very well. I only shoot lead ,but it's AWESOME with the old Federal pre FCW "Premium" 2 1/4 oz. #6 shot. I have never had to shoot a gobbler more than once with it! LOL

M R Ducks

OG, as with any other choke it depends on the gun.  Soon as the snow leaves i will find out.  They have a fine reputation, but more than anything they are collectible.  .695 ported choke.  I expect it will outperform my .695 Hastings, but not my .690 JH with htl. I'm curious about how it does with #5 lead.

Ducks

Punisher

I have one for a Browning BPS 10.  I have never shot HTL through that choke but it does pattern most lead loads well.  I also shot Nitro Co.'s 101L (3 oz. load of NP #4s) load through it and averaged around 185-190/10" with that choke.  I don't pack the 10 ga. much anymore because I have downsized to the 20 ga. and Fed. HW #7s, but that shell (through almost any turkey choke) is pure devastation on turkeys.