OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pistol grip stock for a browning gold?

Started by Borden811, February 17, 2014, 10:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Does anyone make a pistol grip stock, like the steadygrip, for a browning gold 12? Or can one for another gun be modified to fit it?

the Ward

I have not found a pistol grip made specifically for the bps, but Boyds makes a thumbhole stock for them.I have a 10 gauge one on the way for mine and it should be here tomorrow. I've been doing some searching and looking at pics of pistol grips to see if I could modify one to fit. From what I have seen a mossberg one may be easiest to modify but have not verified that yet. I do know a Remington is too narrow to work as I had one lying around and tried it. The Mossberg looks to have a round lug on the back similar to the browning 12g stock plus the top tang safety. Shouldn't be too hard to modify one/make an adapter. The big problem is having a few different ones on hand to eyeball without  having to purchase and return a bunch of them. If I find out anything concrete I will let ya know. Keep me posted if you find out anything too.I just realized you were looking for one for a gold, I was thinking bps from a previous post reply, I'm not sure if they take the same buttstock.I know the back of the receiver look almost identical though.Might be something to check.

Borden811

I'll see what I can find. If I can find one for a mossberg cheap, I might give it a shot. Someone out there somewhere has to have tried it!

Borden811

The action spring tube might pose a problem for me on the gold.

the Ward

Yeah, when I posted  I was thinking bps for some reason. I didn't think about the spring tube being in the way on the gold. You would figure someone would make a pistol grip for these guns. They would have that market all to themselves if they did! It's just like the aftermarket car part industry, 20 manufacturers all making the same stuff for the same make and model, but ignoring the other cars that they could make parts for and make a good profit. I will let ya know if I run across any info or find out if anything else that will work. Thanks for the reply!......ward

Skeeterbait

I suggest calling and talking to the people at Choate Machine and Tool.  They may can do something custom for you in a Mark 5 stock.  I know they did a custom Mark 5 for a 20 gauge for a guy.

CW

I don't know if this helps but I saw today where the 2014 SX3 turkey will have a pistol grip. They will be hard to come by for a while but there may be hope for you.

CW

Borden811

That's pretty sweet! Wonder how long till I can buy that as a component?

CW

I'm afraid it will be a while. I looked into getting a sx3 cantilever barrel only for a Sx3 I already had a couple of years ago. Talked to a couple of people at Winchester who told me they take a while to generate excess components as almost all new production is geared toward the complete gun so I gave up on a barrel and bought the gun. But good luck to you and if you get one please let me know as I would like one too! :anim_25: