OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What do you use to measure out your 10" and 20" circles on target paper?

Started by strutzone, February 15, 2014, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loose Wire

I got mine from a local supplier who happens to sell on EBay.  They don't offer the 10" on EBay, but will make one.  I got the clear polycarbonate (vs plexiglass), 10" x 1/8" thick which is plenty stiff (thick).

You can contact Barb directly at imagebyroberts@yahoo.com

I think you will find their shipped pricing very reasonable and they accept PayPal.  It was also well packaged for USPS.

WyoHunter

Quote from: hs strut on February 17, 2014, 03:39:50 PM
ive got a dinner plate thats 10'' that i use but i agree with the plexiglass bieng used
Same here.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

lowoctane

I found a clear plastic tray for a pot that used for plants.
89 cents at Dollar General.
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Rapscallion Vermilion

The plexiglass is great, but here's a cheap and quick alternative for the 10" circle.  Take a 31.5" piece of heavy gauge wire, I use aluminum, form a circle and tape the ends together.  When drawing the circle, I place a ruler across the top to hold it down.

bamahunter

I use the top of an old styrofoam minnow bucket... I like the idea of plexi glass

Jourdan_D

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 15, 2014, 08:26:05 PM
I've been using a 10 inch diameter clear piece of plexi-glass for years and I've found nothing better.   :OGturkeyhead:

I had a plxi-glass donut made, 10 inch cirlce cut in the middle with the OD of 20.  works awesome.  found a guy on Ebay that sold plxi-glass and asked if he could make me three of them.  thing all three were like 40-50 to my door.

Twowithone

Wife,s crockpot clear plastic lid measures 10" across works for me. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TJK68

chatterbox

This is what I use. Jim of Warbird turkey calls made it for me. I can't do the 20" circles. but it takes care of my 10" circle quite nicely.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions