OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What do you use to measure out your 10" and 20" circles on target paper?

Started by strutzone, February 15, 2014, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutzone

I'm using a 10" and 20" piece of cardboard but I was thinking of trying a piece of clear plexiglass but wanted to ask if there was something that you use that might work better?

SKFOOTER

I've been using a 10 inch diameter clear piece of plexi-glass for years and I've found nothing better.   :OGturkeyhead:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have 2 10" glass circles I use.  I had my local glass company cut them for me. 

drum817

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 15, 2014, 08:26:05 PM
I've been using a 10 inch diameter clear piece of plexi-glass for years and I've found nothing better.

Same here... had a piece cut for around $5.00 4 or 5 years ago.   :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

chatterbox

Quote from: drum817 on February 16, 2014, 04:59:03 AM
Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 15, 2014, 08:26:05 PM
I've been using a 10 inch diameter clear piece of plexi-glass for years and I've found nothing better.

Same here... had a piece cut for around $5.00 4 or 5 years ago.   :icon_thumright:
X3. Works perfect.

WildSpur

I just cut the 10" section of an old target out.  I like the plexiglass idea.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

owlhoot

mossyoakpro

5 gallon bucket bottom is 10" across...everybody has one of those around.
Phillippians 4:13

Gobblestopper

I have been using a wooden paint stir stick with a plastic push pin poked through it 1/2" from the square end and 3/16" holes drilled through at 5" and 10" from the pin.  Stick the pin into the center of the target, hold onto the push pin, put the tip of a black Sharpie into the drilled hole and draw your circle. Simple to make, use, store and virtually free to everyone!

If you want to spend the big bucks, a 12"wooden ruler would probably work as a substitute for the paint stick.  ;)

SKFOOTER

All ideas mentioned in this thread will work.  But the clear pexi-glass allows you to lay it down on the pattern and move it around until you can see the densest 10"  pattern.   :OGturkeyhead:

hs strut

ive got a dinner plate thats 10'' that i use but i agree with the plexiglass bieng used
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

Xcal1ber

Where do you boys get a 10" circle of plexiglass cut at? Sounds like the perfect think for making your 10" circle.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

drum817

Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 17, 2014, 04:38:53 PM
Where do you boys get a 10" circle of plexiglass cut at? Sounds like the perfect think for making your 10" circle.

Find a glass shop.  That's where I got mine cut at.  Try your local yellow pages and look under glass.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Xcal1ber

Quote from: drum817 on February 17, 2014, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: Xcal1ber on February 17, 2014, 04:38:53 PM

Find a glass shop.  That's where I got mine cut at.  Try your local yellow pages and look under glass.

10-4 thank you sir!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

alloutdoors

And here I thought I was being extreme when I bought a 10" plexiglass disk. Glad I'm not the only one! As mentioned, the plexiglass lets you see the whole pattern as you move it around which is really nice. I also recommend drilling a hole in the center so you can easily mark the center of your pattern (really helps when sighting in).