OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Super Black Eagle II Ready to Rock! (Pattern Pics)

Started by Borden811, March 12, 2011, 05:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

I probably should have waited for better weather, but I couldn't wait to try out the Hevi 13 7's after seeing everyone elses patterns. So off I went. I didn't have a bench to shoot from, so I just measured off 40 yards, and let one fly offhand. I was a little low and to the right, but the pattern was pretty nice. I counted it twice, got 262 the first time, and 264 the second time. I'm pretty happy  ;D   I plan to shoot it some more off of a bench to verify the POI(it was dead on last year with the hevi 13 6's, so I assume I just pulled the shot today)
Anyway, here are a couple pics, since I know how we all love them!

SBEII
Jellyhead .660
Hevi 13 3.5in 2.25oz 7's
45 degrees with a slight breeze
262 in the 10

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ctomp1974

doepee

Glad you posted that, I just ordered some 3 and 3.5 in heavy 7's and a jellyhead .660 cant wait to pattern them... in my sbe 2 :icon_thumright:

spur collector

good looking patterns now it's time to roll some heads.

tjh24

nice even pattern and good numbers, looks like your ready to go.  Good luck this season!

Borden811

Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, how big of an increase in pellet count would one expect from warmer temps? Say if i wait till it's 65 or so to pattern it again? 5-10 pellets? Not that it matters, as I'm tickled with it the way it is. I just always hear that warmer temps generally make the pattern a little better.

nyhunter

great pattern ya got there

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hognutz

Nice patterns. That will get 'er done, for sure..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

spur collector

Quote from: Borden811 on March 13, 2011, 08:53:05 AM
Thanks guys. Just out of curiosity, how big of an increase in pellet count would one expect from warmer temps? Say if i wait till it's 65 or so to pattern it again? 5-10 pellets? Not that it matters, as I'm tickled with it the way it is. I just always hear that warmer temps generally make the pattern a little better.
maybe more than that, i've seen guns go up 5-10 and i have an 11/87 that went up 45 on an average of 3 shots.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That is a very nice pattern.  That's why I like the 7's.   :icon_thumright:

turkeytromp

Borden811

It's got the 26 in bbl. It's supposed to be 65-70 here on Saturday, so I'm going to shoot it again and see if the 20 degree temp change helps the pattern at all. I'll report back when I try it out.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!