Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 02/14/2014 "No Greater Love"

Started by BOFF, February 14, 2014, 12:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well for many, Valentines day will be celebrated today. Roses, chocolates, jewelry, wedding vows, new guns, retreats, and many more things will be done, in the name of love. These things which most of us do though, are in most ways beneficial to us. How many of us, love the cranky neighbor next door; the negative person at work; the homeless, smelly guy on the corner?

There is no greater love, than the love of God. A God who calls us His children, and loves us so much, He gave His only son Jesus, to die for our sins. Sins which we freely choose to do, time and time again, because we are not perfect. God knew this, and to allow a relationship with Him, he chose to give Jesus, His son, as a cleansing sacrifice to make us clean.

John 3:16 (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God's love is merciful, and full of grace. A love which was by example:

John 15:12-17 (NKJV)

12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down ones life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.

We are not perfect, and God still loves us. He calls us to love others as He did for us. Though we are not able to do this by ourselves, we have, if we have asked Jesus to be our Savior, His help. Through Jesus living in us, we are able to love the cranky old neighbor, the negative person at work, the homeless guy, and even ourselves.

Have you got there yet? If not, have you really accepted Jesus?

Father God,

Forgive us of falling short, and loving ourselves more than others at times. Forgive us of being selfish, and not loving others first. Forgive us when we choose not to love ourselves, and You, and do the same things, again, and again.

Let Your Holy Spirit reign in our lives, and may we be a beacon for You. Thank you for our many friends, our spouse, pastors, family, and those we do not know yet, who are to come into our lives.

Help us to love others as You have loved us.

It is through the Holy name of Jesus, we ask and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.   

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

bamagtrdude

Amen!  I wrote an original worship song called exactly this - No Greater Love.  It's posted on YouTube @ http://youtu.be/ZuoXx46wBDA
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)