turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pappy, a stand-up guy!!!

Started by Stillbroke, February 13, 2014, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillbroke

I made a deal with Pappy for one of his squirrel calls and sent the money order on 01-24. I told him it was on the way and started getting messages from him that he had not received the payment. Long story short, the USPS was holding the mail due to the terrible weather in that part of the country. On 02-08 I get a call from an unknown number. It was Pappy. He received the payment. After a brief explanation he tells me he sent out my son's squirrel call and said he was throwing in one of his tube calls. Well they both arrived today and I just wanted to give a big public thank you to Mr. Lewis, aka "Pappy". Thank you. :thanks: PS, my five year old son is driving my wife nuts with it already.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

stone road turkey calls

He is a good old boy, his word and hand shake are chisled in stone.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

jakesdad

Pappy is top of the line;as a call maker and a gentleman.Ya gotta watch him though he's got a crazy side.

I ordered a call from him and he called the house to play it over the phone,but instead of saying who he was he posed as a FBI agent investigating if I had any business connections to Jack Lewis as he was being investigated for some "highly illegal activity" and I was under watch for being involved.

Could of reached thru the phone and choked him when he let me off the hook!!I admitted that he got me real good!!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

grayfox

I have a few calls from Pappy.  He's a great call builder & a super guy to deal with.  I ordered a call from him last year & told him I was in no hurry for it.  A few months later I contacted him about it & he had forgotten about it.  I told him it was no problem & like I had said earlier I was not in a hurry for it.  About a week later I get two calls in the mail.  He had thrown in an extra call because he felt like it had took him too long.  I offered to pay for the second call but he would have none of it.  That's the kind of person Jack is.

bspurred

Got one of his copper pot calls, love it and think he does great workmanship on his calls. Top notch guy to buy a call from ...for sure!

pappy

Gee willigers guys you're making my good eye tear up........LOL.......thanks for the kind words, I have always tried to treat everyone fair and always been as honest as a man can be and without a doubt it has brought me much joy in making new friends and hopefully I can continue to do so way into my 90's.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206