Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Go-To and Hail Mary Calls

Started by FullChoke, February 10, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Everyone has a turkey call that they have complete faith in to flip Ol' Tom's switch on whether he wants to or not. We also carry calls, for any number of reasons, that might work and might not, but we still bring them in our vests.

What are the Top and Bottom calls in your vest and why?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Eric Gregg

My go to calls are the Woodhaven red wasp and copper head mouth calls along with Woodhaven cherry vintage hen pot call

gophert

I've tried just about every mouth call made.  I used to use Primos exclusively and still use the Troy Ruiz on occasion.  Right now I use mouth calls made by Joe Slaton. (motherlode calls)  I also like the woodhaven red wasp. 

Pot call is a lightsout copper.

FullChoke

My go-to call for many years was Primos Latex True Double, which is no longer in production. This year I will be using a Primos Curved Hooks mouth call as well as an Executioner 2 from Scott Hooks.

My Hail-Mary call is a Cow-Horn wingbone yelper that I made several years ago. I have called turkeys from long distances with it due to its incredible volume and unique sound.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

My go to calls are pot calls made by pappy-a slate call in olivewood and a titanium pot call.I just ordered a Hot Hen from Lonnie Sneed and have a feeling that it is going to see ALOT of time in the field.

My hail mary call is a olivewood tube call from pappy.Not real proficient9but decent) on it yet but can get pretty loud if need be.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Hooter

Quaker Boy, World Champ.  Bought about 20 of them many years ago after I saw how well it worked.
If that doesn't do the trick,... get out the Gobbler.

mightyjoeyoung

The old Kirby Quaker Boy diaphrams for this guy.  I had a sales rep bring me in a box...of 50 of them-all four models EACH one year at my store for me and I have never used another call that I like as much since.  I'd still have most of them but alas...I gave so many of them away as gifts it isn't funny.  Now I'm down to just a few of each out of 200 diaphram calls...   :(  If all else fails I hit em with a gobble reed call.  Just ticks em off!   :angry9:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.