OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Which cd for listening to live birds and practicing?

Started by keyser12ga, March 12, 2011, 10:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which cd

Tree Top Turkeys vol 1
1 (5%)
Tree Top Turkeys vol 3
4 (20%)
Woodhaven Get Real
6 (30%)
Lovett Williams Real Turkeys II
0 (0%)
Lovett Williams Real Turkeys III
2 (10%)
Lovett Williams Real Turkeys IV
0 (0%)
Lovett Williams Real Turkeys V
0 (0%)
Lovett Williams Real Turkeys VI
3 (15%)
Other
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 19

keyser12ga

I know I've seen a thread on this before, but can't find it in searching.  Which is the best cd to get for not only  listening to real birds but for practicing along in the car as well?

shootumindaface

All of them.. A buddy Just got TTT III and said it is the best real turkey audio he has heard.. I will throw my personal favorite in there, HS Strut Real Talk CD/DVD combo.. Short but the sounds are good

drum817

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 12, 2011, 04:11:23 PM
All of them.. A buddy Just got TTT III and said it is the best real turkey audio he has heard.

Same here, TTT 3 is VERY GOOD and I also own all the others....just my opinion.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

shootumindaface

Quote from: moore on March 12, 2011, 04:39:49 PM
I would have to disagree with the Hs strut cd isn't good IMO.woodhaven get real is the best I heard
The reason I like the HS is it isn't jubilee calling.. TTT sometimes their is so much going on its hard to single out a single hen, or you hear a hen you want to imitate and she dissapears..

furtracker

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 12, 2011, 05:12:13 PM
Quote from: moore on March 12, 2011, 04:39:49 PM
I would have to disagree with the Hs strut cd isn't good IMO.woodhaven get real is the best I heard
The reason I like the HS is it isn't jubilee calling.. TTT sometimes their is so much going on its hard to single out a single hen, or you hear a hen you want to imitate and she dissapears..
:agreed:

tjh24

I was looking at getting a cd or two.  I was thinking of the TTT, but some of the posts made me reconsider.  Does it sound just like a whole lot of birds and is hard to distinquish from, or would it be beneficial?  I just want to know which one would be best for learning to imitate turkeys.

shootumindaface

Quote from: tjh24 on March 13, 2011, 08:36:15 AM
I was looking at getting a cd or two.  I was thinking of the TTT, but some of the posts made me reconsider.  Does it sound just like a whole lot of birds and is hard to distinquish from, or would it be beneficial?  I just want to know which one would be best for learning to imitate turkeys.
No they are really good I dont want it to sound like I dont like them.. Just during alot of it, there is sooo many turkeys calling its hard to pick one out.

The new TTT III would probably be for you, it is 2 cd, the first one the Jubilee stuff, the second one has the 10 calls for contest calling with individual examples.. Maybe drum can  shed some light

keyser12ga

Thanks for the input thus far.   I'm primarily looking for something that says: "here is an assembly call" then gives examples of different birds in the wild.  I don't mind listening to an entire flock, but would really like to be able to try and mimic individual birds.

shootumindaface

Quote from: keyser12ga on March 13, 2011, 11:05:24 AM
Thanks for the input thus far.   I'm primarily looking for something that says: "here is an assembly call" then gives examples of different birds in the wild.  I don't mind listening to an entire flock, but would really like to be able to try and mimic individual birds.
TTT III and Lovetts Cds do a good job of this as well. And the HS one I mentioned

tjh24

ElkTurkMan

I like the Lovett Williams Turkey sounds VI myself.

JeffD

gobbler99

archery1

CODY MAKES A GOOD ONE.. REAL TURKEYS AND ALOT OF INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT THEY ARE SAYIN TO OTHER TURKEYS
Take a kid hunting

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt