OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

longbeard kick?

Started by knightrider, February 06, 2014, 09:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Typical turkey load.  Not what you'd shoot skeet with.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 14, 2014, 06:14:29 PM
Typical turkey load.  Not what you'd shoot skeet with.

Unless the skeet was 66 yds away!   :angel9:

spurman

I know you may not notice the recoil that much when shooting a turkey but when pattering I did notice the kick. And a non ported choke kicked more that a ported.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

surehuntsalot

they kick as hard as the old 2oz loads
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ruger M77

All 3'' turkey loads feel the same to me they all kick
I eat therefore I hunt

COssman14

I shot the Federal Stut Shok & Winchester Longbeards both 3 1/2 2oz loads the Longbeards were a lot better. The Federals I couldn't handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

d.winsor

I shoot SX3 NWTF, I patterned Winchester supreme HV #5 and Winchester Longbeard #5 in 3" and 3 1/2" shells.  Don't let anyone tell you that neither one will not kick out of a SX3.  They will jar your teeth.  That said you probably will not feel it if you shoot a turkey.

bmhern

They all kick the fire out of me!!!

jakebird

The 3" #6 turkey thugs made my little 10 yr old man cry. And he plays OLB on his football team and he's no slouched in the tough guy dept. Took some convincing to get him to try the Longbeards in the same offering. He stood up, rubbed his shoulder a little and said, "Not too bad, Dad." Rub, rub.... The pattern was amazing. He has his confidence back now and ready to smoke one. I also thought they kicked a little less.
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

Gooserbat

I done some patterning a couple nights ago.  Mostly Longbeards and after 9 rounds in half an hour I was done. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mossybird

I honestly thought they were a little lighter than Win HVs.

63beards

I'm shooting 3" 4's in my remington 1100 magnum & they don't kick enough to even talk about...and i'm not a big guy, 5'10, 165, i hate to get kicked....
71 beards

akp

Concussion, but all turkey loads are bad to me.

trkehunr93

Limbsaver recoil pad, nuff said!