Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Kill and Hunt Stories/Congrats Thread.

Started by bornagain64, February 05, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornagain64

Tell us about your hunt here. Even if you do not harvest a bird, share your stories.
We can all learn from the experiences.

Also offer your congratulations here.

bornagain64

Congrat jarbo03.
Lets here the story?

John

firstflight111

Well my season is going great

First day of youth my boy tags a nice Tom 10 in beard 1 in spurs
So Sunday got to scout for Monday found some nice birds took my buddy for his first bird he's a big guy, bird comes in to the right he can't turn to shoot wow .
so Tuesday I take him back out this time I got him set up to make the shot way before the bird gets close 10 in beard 22 pounds 1 1/8 spurs

So Wednesday cold blowing hard to hear them
Thursday just small birds .
Friday took my buddy with cancer out ,the woods was just exploding with gobbling first Jake came in he missed okay 20 min later big Tom comes in. he hit this one knock him down he goes to pick it up .and the turkey BEAT him up bad he drops the bird runs after it dives on the turkey this time he said I got it. BAWHAHAHAHA  bird thumps him again .drops  the bird it flew off never did find it .
so Saturday took the boy out for his second bird had 4 Jakes come in now birds walk 5 feet from the blind he waited till they where 50 yard out then he wants to shoot to far with a 20 ga
so Sunday got more birds in this one ran in from the tree he waited till it was at 5 feet to try to shoot he gets set and stopped  and said dad there a big deer and points out the blind so long turkey got to love kids ..
So my first day out by myself got to crush a big Tom .it was a cool hunt heard him at first light once I call soft nothing back. so I sit and wait at 7:10 I see him out in the corn so i called he look at the decoy then ran in ,I watched the show for a few at 7:20 was his last gobble ..

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

bornagain64

nice job firstflight. Thats a good bird, I looked at your pictures and I think your bird scored 64 points?
You are having a great season! How many birds can you take there?

John

jarbo03

Great job!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

firstflight111

Thank you, if I can just find a monster turkey now  . Lots of 2 and 3 year olds running around here, hard to find one with12 in beard I still looking around there's was 7 nice toms came in this morning boy passed on all of them oh well we are still at it now
we only get 2 in the spring and 1 in the fall .

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

CUPPED AND COMMITTED

timberjack86

Finally got some time to hunt. I climbed the mountain to the spot were I harvested my first bird over a decade ago. I set up to do some blind calling. I called for over an hour and was debating on a new spot when I first heard him gobble. He was way off but sounded as if he was getting closer. Long story short he strutted down the mountain within easy range of my new 20 gauge. First bird with a 20!

jarbo03

Congrats on the birds, great job guys!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk