turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Am I the only one?

Started by jakesdad, February 05, 2014, 05:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

After reading the "Tubes and Shell" post,am I the only one brave enough to use lead out of the 20?Although I use the old Rem. Hevi-shot more often,lead shells find their way into my gun several times a year.Just wondering if anybody else still goes to the dark side in the small bore.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

mightyjoeyoung

I still run lead.  I picked up almost a CASE of the old Federal Preium Trip Plus wad 6's from Rogers last year and I really wana get my hands on some of the new Winchester Longbeard lead for the 20 too!  It's been giving rediculous patterns in almost EVERYONE'S guns this year so far...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

FullChoke

As soon as Winchester makes the Longbeard XR in a 20 gauge, a lot of folks will want to see what it does.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

Agree with you guys on the Winchester Longbeards.If they develop a 20 load that performs like the 12 gauge that would be great.Got 6 boxes of the 12 gauge Longbeards coming from BP that my nephew picked up for me.Even though it is the evil 12,I am anxious to try it out.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Eric Gregg

I would rather shoot lead for the price difference in the shell, but I have not been able to get any of the lead offerings to pattern like the Heavyweight.
I am hoping that the new Winchester load will be offered in 20ga and then I may switch back.
I just don't know if I will be willing to give up the punch that heavy weight packs.

surehuntsalot

I shoot lead out of my 20ga 90% of the time,especially after it starts "greening out"
I have 24 boxes of the old Federal pre FC #5's and 6's
I also have some Fiocchi 3" 1-1/4oz #7-1/2's that I'm going to try out this season
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jakesdad

I also have some Fiocchi 3" 1-1/4oz #7-1/2's that I'm going to try out this season

How do those pattern and what are you runnin em through?

surehuntsalot

Quote from: jakesdad on February 06, 2014, 09:18:45 PM

How do those pattern and what are you runnin em through?

I have not had a chance to try them out yet,waiting on this crazy weather to warm up some.
Planning on trying them through the .570 Hastings and the .575 Carlson
it's not the harvest,it's the chase