News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEW MAG BLENDS YUCK!!!

Started by Rem Man, February 04, 2014, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 04, 2014, 03:54:26 PM
if they do change the wad i would think it still could shoot as good as last year just may need a different choke or construction.....the new wad may just like something different.  I would doubt it just goes from great to total sucking. the old may like the 650 sum toy but the new may somehow like the 660 sum toy who knows till tested.
but I shouldn't have to spend more money and time after spending countless money to get their shells to shoot out of my guns, the last thing im gonna do is buy more chokes because they went to a cheaper wad to make more money, once you get your load and choke combo figured out and then they change again :character0029: im done. Winchester xr here I come im tired of wasting money with hevi

Hersh

The ones I have are 300749. Just got them a month ago at cabelas I would think they were last years stock boxes are showing some wear. I know where there are several more boxes of last year stock. I think I will go pick them up tomorrow

drum817

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 04, 2014, 09:10:42 PM
chasing lot#'s and this kind of BS is why I quit the HTL scene

+1 Me too  :z-winnersmiley:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

CASH

I long for the day when turkey hunters quit complaining about Hevi Shot.

Yes, I understand all the arguments about changing wads and components, but every year there's a new load from somebody that gets everybody on the bandwagon. A few years ago it was Nitros, then Hevi 13, This year it's the Longbeards. Next year it may be Bubba Rays Super Duper Gobbler Bomb with 4,000 hits in a 10 inch circle.

Let's stop complaining about Hevi Shot and just kill some turkeys.

Rant over.

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: CASH on February 04, 2014, 11:02:14 PM
     Bubba Rays Super Duper Gobbler Bomb with 4,000 hits in a 10 inch circle.

Is that @ 40? Taped? Lasered? What kinda choke? Musta bin a stardot.... Was it windy?
:goofball:
Sorry I couldn't help it.
B-Well Everyone
;D
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

2much2loud

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 04, 2014, 09:31:23 PM
The ones I've had since last year or longer are

I can tell you that 300748,300783, and 300552 were winners for me

TBab

All i can say is that if they mess up bad enough and people continue to get the numbers they are getting with these LBXR id imagine that they wont be selling many more boxes except the the strict HTL guys out there
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

BandedSpur

Quote from: CASH on February 04, 2014, 11:02:14 PM
I long for the day when turkey hunters quit complaining about Hevi Shot.

Yes, I understand all the arguments about changing wads and components, but every year there's a new load from somebody that gets everybody on the bandwagon. A few years ago it was Nitros, then Hevi 13, This year it's the Longbeards. Next year it may be Bubba Rays Super Duper Gobbler Bomb with 4,000 hits in a 10 inch circle.

Let's stop complaining about Hevi Shot and just kill some turkeys.

Rant over.

I actually enjoy these posts quite a lot, and I don't even shoot the stuff. Hevi gets kudos when they make a great shell, and they get called out when they change them and the quality falls off. As for the new stuff, Federal upped the lead shell state of the art last year with the Turkey Thugs line and this year Winch has raised the bar considerably higher. I look forward to this time of year when people start patterning their guns and reporting on what they find. I thought that was what a turkey forum with a guns section was all about... guys sharing their knowledge and experience to help others make their rigs as effective as they can be. Then not to worry; we will go forth and kill turkeys.

AndyPrice44

I just looked at the hevi shot website. They are offering a $10.00 per box rebate on regular hevi-13 and mag blend shells. If you find some old stock, this would be a good offer

slave601

So is this the new reduced recoil magnum blend? I guess if it says just magnum blend it's older stock?
"thinnin the flock"

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 05, 2014, 07:47:40 AM
  I actually enjoy these posts quite a lot, and I don't even shoot the stuff. Hevi gets kudos when they make a great shell, and they get called out when they change them and the quality falls off. As for the new stuff, Federal upped the lead shell state of the art last year with the Turkey Thugs line and this year Winch has raised the bar considerably higher. I look forward to this time of year when people start patterning their guns and reporting on what they find. I thought that was what a turkey forum with a guns section was all about... guys sharing their knowledge and experience to help others make their rigs as effective as they can be. Then not to worry; we will go forth and kill turkeys.

Well said. X-2.
I think it's great we have all this information. The OG membership has helped some of us save a few bucks with  reviews and personal experience's (any item's).  Thank You my fellow turkey hunters  .
B-Well Johnny
:turkey:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

knightrider

Quote from: slave601 on February 05, 2014, 09:17:20 AM
So is this the new reduced recoil magnum blend? I guess if it says just magnum blend it's older stock?
no all the new runs of hevi will have this new wad

slave601

I understand all of them will have it. But if say I'm at a sporting goods store and I find just plain magnum blend it should be old stock. The new magnums are labeled reduced recoil. Correct?
"thinnin the flock"

reynolds243

Quote from: slave601 on February 05, 2014, 09:39:23 AM
I understand all of them will have it. But if say I'm at a sporting goods store and I find just plain magnum blend it should be old stock. The new magnums are labeled reduced recoil. Correct?

No that's a different shell. I have no idea what the new loads lot numbers are and I'd say NO ONE knows when they started putting them in if that's the case

gophert

Quote from: BandedSpur on February 05, 2014, 07:47:40 AM

I agree and well said!