OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carlsons Turkey Choke and HTL shot

Started by jtg88, February 08, 2011, 11:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtg88

Does anybody know if you can shoot HTL shot through a Carlsons non ported extended turkey choke?  I've been looking around a a little for an inexpensive non ported choke to try some Federal Heavyweight 7s through and these don't look too bad.  What would you think the best constriction would be for those shells?  I can get it in .640, .650, or .665.

http://www.choketube.com/mobilchoke.html

It is a Benelli Nova shotgun

loner

i had a barrel sent to carlson several years ago and had it cut down and fitted with a turkey tube for hevishot.it will handle about anything you put through it.you could email or call them if you are concerned.my understanding is the any tube developed for steel or hevishot will handle about anything out there.the older tubes made for lead or copper plated might be suspect but i shot hevishot through my rem super full for lead for years before switching.
i shoot a brwg auto and a rem super mag but use a tightwad .660 on my rem and it has an awesome pattern with #5 fed heavyweight.
just an ole' retired man that still believes in values,and common courtesy.

Reloader

I have a nonported Carlsons .660 for invector and it says it's ok for hevi on the tube. 

surehuntsalot

I use a .575 Carlson non ported choke with Federal HW #6's and 7's in my 20ga 870 youth with no problems
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mossy835

The advice above is what I would do. Email or call and they will help you with your question. I use a Carlson choke for all EM loads including dead coyote loads and lead but I made contact and verified my needs before I purchased the tube. I have been satisfied with their choke and their responses to my questions. Good company and reasonable prices. Do you already have the choke?

surehuntsalot

Quote from: jtg88 on February 08, 2011, 11:54:40 AM
Does anybody know if you can shoot HTL shot through a Carlsons non ported extended turkey choke?  I've been looking around a a little for an inexpensive non ported choke to try some Federal Heavyweight 7s through and these don't look too bad.  What would you think the best constriction would be for those shells?  I can get it in .640, .650, or .665.

http://www.choketube.com/mobilchoke.html

It is a Benelli Nova shotgun

jtg88  this is the pic I was trying to send you
it's not the harvest,it's the chase