Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Dead Thread, post contest kill Pic's here

Started by spurman, February 02, 2014, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublegobble

Ok guys, back from turkey camp. Had a great year. Killed 16 out of the 18 tags in camp. My bird was smaller than the ones I called in for a friend and my brother in law. That's the way it goes. Hopefully I can put a good one on the ground 4th season. I had a couple guys helping me take pictures so I didn't know how they were holding the tape but the written beard measurement is wrong. I says 9 1/4" and the beard is actually 8 1/2 ". Hope that doesn't cause problems but you can see it in the picture. Score is 54. Here they are:

Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

longspur

doublegobble

Tagged my 2nd Iowa bird. This season has been tough. Birds are henned up right away. Had a lone hen on the ground and it was still extremely dark. About 20 minutes later a gobbler flew down, then 3 more gobblers flew down about 5 minutes after that. The single gobbler came right in, waited for a short time to see if the others would come in so I could decide which one was best but this guy started moving off so I decided to take him. Not a giant but was respectable.

24 lb 8 oz, 13/16 spur, 7/8 spur 10.5 beard. Score is 62.375

Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

chatterbox

Chatterbox

Weight:17.6

R spur: 3/4"

L spur: 3/4

Beard: 9"

hotrod3h

My entry from Illinois. Major issues getting pictures from camera to finally get posted on here.

West Augusta

18 pounds

10 1/16"

1 5/16"

1 7/16"

My score: 65.625
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.